The simFlight Network Forums

offsets doubt

HiI'm trying to set up some airbus (PM) offsets where I have 12 pedestal buttons that have the same offset, but some values I can not assign.In the virtual overhead of the airbus, when we pass the mouse on the button, it already shows the offset.Example: ENG button - pm4F4 = 301 0x4f4 WORD Val = 0BLEED button - pm4F4 = 302 0x4f4 WORD Val = 0PRESS button - pm4F4 = 303 0x4f4 WORD Val = 0Boot ELEC - pm4F4 = 304 0x4f4 WORD Val = 0HYD button - pm4F4 = 305 0x4f4 WORD Val = 0FUEL Button - pm4F4 = 306 0x4f4 WORD Val = 0So complete the 12 buttons.I can not configure with the values of 302, 303, 304 etc - (in the parameters)Because the rest of the values are exactly the sameHow to configure these buttons through offset?Can you give me a hand? See the example pictures.

WhatsApp Image 2019-02-25 at 00.33.55(1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-02-25 at 00.33.55.jpeg

7 hours ago, marcelo meirelles said:

HiI'm trying to set up some airbus (PM) offsets where I have 12 pedestal buttons that have the same offset, but some values I can not assign.In the virtual overhead of the airbus, when we pass the mouse on the button, it already shows the offset.Example: ENG button - pm4F4 = 301 0x4f4 WORD Val = 0BLEED button - pm4F4 = 302 0x4f4 WORD Val = 0PRESS button - pm4F4 = 303 0x4f4 WORD Val = 0Boot ELEC - pm4F4 = 304 0x4f4 WORD Val = 0HYD button - pm4F4 = 305 0x4f4 WORD Val = 0FUEL Button - pm4F4 = 306 0x4f4 WORD Val = 0So complete the 12 buttons.I can not configure with the values of 302, 303, 304 etc - (in the parameters)Because the rest of the values are exactly the sameHow to configure these buttons through offset?Can you give me a hand? See the example pictures.

Sorry, I do not understand any of that, and the picture doesn't help at all. What software are you using? Is "PM" for "Project Magenta"?

Some proper logging, instead of a joined up sequence of stuff i can't urecognise, would be better. And if it is Project Magenta you are talking about, shouldn't your questions be directed at their support forum?

Pete

Hello Pete,
Excuse me. I thought that because it was FSUIPC, I could have a help here in this forum.
Yes, PM is project magenta. This photo and this sequence that I sent, are only the doubts that I have to configure the offsets correctly, since I have doubts.
but I'm going to try the project magenta forum, to see if anyone can help me configure it.
Thank you very much

2 hours ago, mvecchia said:

Excuse me. I thought that because it was FSUIPC, I could have a help here in this forum.
Yes, PM is project magenta.

You are trying to use FSUIPC to operate things in Project Magenta. FSUIPC is only acting as the messenger, allowing PM to read the offset you are changing. what it then does it up to it.

2 hours ago, mvecchia said:

This photo and this sequence that I sent, are only the doubts that I have to configure the offsets correctly, since I have doubts.

The problem there is that none of that tells me anything. it doesn't show me anything about how you are programming anything I know of. Sorry.

Hehehe,

Easy. I'm just trying to set up offsets in fsuipc. Only that.The fact is that I am not understanding the parameters.I have the statement:pm4f4 = 301 0x4f4 word Val = 0I have 12 buttons to configure the offsets. I do not know what it means pm4f4 = 301 -what I know is that 0x4f4 is the offset and Val = 0 is the parameter.as I have 12 buttons to configure, in my logic they would all be with the same offset value and parameters. So I guess this: pm4f4 301 is some instruction to put in fsuip, but I do not know where.

4 hours ago, marcelo meirelles said:

Easy. I'm just trying to set up offsets in fsuipc

What do you mean "set up offsets"? Sorry, you still aren't clear.

I have the statement:pm4f4 = 301 0x4f4 word Val = 0

Where do you have such a statement? I'm just not matching anything you say to any options in the FSUIPC dialogue.

what I know is that 0x4f4 is the offset and Val = 0 is the parameter

So if the assignments dropdown, you assign to Offset word set, then enterx4F4 for the offset and 0 for the parameter.

However, didn't you say 4F4 should be set to 301? Where does the values 0 come from?

as I have 12 buttons to configure, in my logic they would all be with the same offset value and parameters.

I don't know about that. The way Project Magenta processes the offsets it reads will be defined in PM documentation. Did you download this to refer to? It is many years since i used PM, so i don't remember. Maybe some of your buttons need to do something different?  And they certainly wouldn't all be the same offset AND same parameter, because then they'd all do the same thing, wouldn't they?

So I guess this: pm4f4 301 is some instruction to put in fsuip, but I do not know where.

As I suggested above, in the Assignmwents drop down.

Looking things up in the FSUIPC Advanced users guide, I do see:

PM GC Controls (by Param)

I think that does use 04F4. So i think you might find it more logical to assign to that, then enter your parameter (301 or whatever -- that list must be in the PM docs).

Pete

On actually checking the FSUIPC Advanced User's guide, I find a list of functions on page 35. There appear to be many functions for this offset, and all involving a different parameter, amongst which are 19 in the 300 range for Airbus and 11 for boeing. so it is as i said above, a different parameter for each PM GC function.

Note that it also says that this is copied from the PM documentation!

Pete

Hi Pete,
Thanks for answering.
I've been looking for several types of Offsets in Fsuipc. Until you find: Offset WORD byteset. In this Offset I was able to assign the values 301, 302, 303, respectively.
Thank you so much for trying to help me.
If you want to close the topic, this issue is resolved.