The simFlight Network Forums

Steering tiller

Hi!

Back again with Another calibration problem.
Am using the latest of all versions, now that that has been cleared the problem is as follows
When I try to calibrate my axis for the steering tiller for my PMDG 737-800 in FSUIPC is only beeps all the time and it is not possible to calibrate. Well it is possible, bot not when I click in the REV" box which I NEED TO DO otherwise it is turning the wrong direction.

It is very strange since it is possible to calibrate without the REV box ticked, but I need to have it!

Have now tried it for hours and still no solution.

The values I get are these;

Center -280 in top and 3900 in bottom
Right -5128 (and not the center changes to top and bottom this value…..)
Left 8400 but impossible to set since it only beeps without explanation. Just a f.....g beep)

When I try to set first max left it is okay, but then impossible to set max right, again when the REV box is ticked. 

How to solve this?

PROBLEM SOLVED
You have to calibrate backwards as well.When I was calibrating to max left and set it to max right box then it worked!

It is very easy to add a pop-up windows telling what the problem is instead of just a beep. Maybe you should do this in the next update of the FSUIPC.
A beep says nothing but an error, a message box can tell what the problem is, if you program it that way….

This thread can be closed.

Edited by sebpil

On 3/8/2019 at 6:40 PM, sebpil said:

It is very easy to add a pop-up windows telling what the problem is instead of just a beep. Maybe you should do this in the next update of the FSUIPC.
A beep says nothing but an error, a message box can tell what the problem is, if you program it that way….

Fully agree - hate those beeps, not knowing what the heck is going on...