The simFlight Network Forums

Question on FSUIPC with VRInsight CDU

Hi,

I'm trying to use the VRInsight CDU Device with FSUIPC to set values of some offsets (i.e 66EA set to 1).

For that I have followed the instructions in the advanced manual using VSPE.

Even if seems that everything is OK and I see the joystick buttons enumerated in the FSUIPC interface, the value of the offset is not changing.

Below the log entries that I think could be useful :

VRI port 1 "COM6" opened (this is the port appearing in the VR software: VRI or SerialPF2)
     1435 VRI driver port 1 "COM3" also opened (this is the port part of the pair in VSPE: COM2, COM3)

171195 VRI COM6 <--- CMDRST [to Device]
   171398 VRI COM6 <--- CMDCON [to Device]
   171429 VRI COM3 <--- CMDCON [to VRI Driver]
   171585 VRI COM6 <--- CMDFUN [to Device]
   171601 VRI CDU ("CDU") detected on port COM6
   171601 VRI COM3 <--- CMDCDU [to VRI Driver]
   171803 VRI COM6 <--- CMDVER [to Device]
   171850 VRI COM3 <--- CMD2.520 [to VRI Driver]
   189432 WRITE0[4616]  330A,   2 bytes: D2 07                                            ..
   192942 Deactivated for PID=2072, "explorer.exe"
   197668 ### Mode is NORMAL

206202 VRI command CDUR4C0 trapped as Joy 266 Btn 3 Toggle ( device button clicked to try to set to 1 the offset 66EA)
   229571 VRI command CDUR4C0 trapped as Joy 266 Btn 3 Toggle
   230148 VRI command CDUR4C0 trapped as Joy 266 Btn 3 Toggle
   230694 VRI command CDUR4C0 trapped as Joy 266 Btn 3 Toggle
   231131 VRI command CDUR4C0 trapped as Joy 266 Btn 3 Toggle
   231567 VRI command CDUR4C0 trapped as Joy 266 Btn 3 Toggle

What am I missing or eventually is not possible to address offsets valus in this way?

Thanks and Kind Regards

Joe

12 hours ago, cellular55 said:

Even if seems that everything is OK and I see the joystick buttons enumerated in the FSUIPC interface, the value of the offset is not changing.

So, the problem is in the assignment of the buttons to an FSUIPC Offset control? You need to show me what you've done there -- perhaps describe it and show me the FSUIPC INI file? Log button/key presses too in FSUIPC and show me the log after you press buttons.

Pete

Hi Pete,

Correct.

What I have done:

I have created on VSPE the pair COM2 - COM3

After the launch of P3D I have launched the VRSIM (and also tried launching the old SerialPF2). The CDU device appears on COM6.

i activate the VRInsight driver (With the VRInsight profile keymap of the loaded  aircraft)

In FSUIPC i click the button I want to be assigned to set the offset 66EA to 1 and define the assignment like I do normally buttons on other devices.

I do not know if this is important, but the joystick name and number button are shown in FSUIPC only when I activate the function FMC/CDU on the VRInsight device (clicking on the EXEC button of the device)

After that when I click the button the screen of the VRINsight device changes but the offset is still at 0.

As asked attached the log

Thanks for the support 

Joe

FSUIPC.log

Hi Pete,

sorry to have bothered you for a stupid my mistake: I was forgetting that I had already programmed those buttons in the FSUIPC profile for my PMDG737.

It is evident that the profile was utilised and the new general asignment was not considered.

Sorry again and kind regards

Joe

4 hours ago, cellular55 said:

I do not know if this is important, but the joystick name and number button are shown in FSUIPC only when I activate the function FMC/CDU on the VRInsight device (clicking on the EXEC button of the device)

I don't kow about that, but it seems a bit odd.  Maybe it goes dormant? Is it connected to a proper power supply?

3 hours ago, cellular55 said:

sorry to have bothered you for a stupid my mistake: I was forgetting that I had already programmed those buttons in the FSUIPC profile for my PMDG737.

It is evident that the profile was utilised and the new general asignment was not considered.

Ah, that would explian it!

Pete