The simFlight Network Forums

Fsx freeze with aerosoft airbus FSX

Greetings Pete,

I am using registered version of FSUIPC and use the auto-save feature which is very useful.However, i find that fsx will freeze for about 5-7 sec after every 300sec (as set) to save the files. I realize that aerosoft airbus fsx being a complex add-on, Fsx will need time to process it to save the airbus state as well as fsx situation which is fine. I don't see the freezes when using FSX default aircrafts. I have also excluded fsx, its addon and related folders from windows defender in win10. I scanned through many post related to this in various forums. Alas!!! i was unable to find a working solution.

What happens is that ; Like yesterday and many other times ; when i was landing i was less that 10FT RA and fsx froze. Concentrating so much on the sim, I didn't realize fsx had frozen. . As lot of control inputs were already given when FSX had frozen; FSX had to process that. After the 7th sec FSX resumed, The aircraft hit very hard on ground (315 FPM), which actually spoils all the fun of landing an aircraft. Changing or increasing the time interval for auto save won't help because if the time period ends at the critical phases, Fsx will definitely freeze.

What I suggest is if you can introduce a new feature which can carry out below functions:-

1.If we can disable auto-save feature (as per user choice) automatically when certain conditions are met like:- (i can remember only of this)

a. landing gear extended (when G button is pressed).

b. when below a certain altitude (like disable autosave when below XXXXFT) or between certain altitudes.

c. at a press of a key or joystick button.

It is upto the user prerogative whether to use such a feature or not. Because, if fsx freezes permanently or crashes when the auto-save is disabled. Then, no way of restoring FSX and other complex add-ons to the desired state.

I got this idea from weather addon opusFsi which has  a nice feature to stop weather update when certain conditions are met like  on approach, on certain distance from arrival airport etc.

Hope you can shed some light into this.

Please advise if more info needed.

31 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

FSUIPC4 is no longer under development. However, I can add this to the feature request list for FSUIPC5 (for P3Dv4) if folks think this useful.

Cheers,

John

Hi,

Seems many add-ons developers have ditched fsx. I have doubts whether such feature is will be useful in p3d as the specs requirement of p3d is high and add-ons are well optimised for p3d so such freezes will be very rare.

The problem still exists in P3D with complex aircraft (e.g. PMDG). The time taken to save can also depend on many things - active virus scanning can slow things down to unacceptable levels, and disk speed (SSD or not), fragmentation of available space, etc.

Note that FSUIPC just calls the sim's facilities to save the state.

Cheers,

John

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This could be a perfect project in lua.
It seems everything that is needed is provided in the FSUIPC offsets & in the lua library.
Just will take some time, may look into it but not until the weekend is over.

Ideas -
- FSX only
- The built in FSUIPC autosave must be turned off to use this
- The lua will be listed in the FSUIPC.ini [auto] section. It will start / restart on sim load or aircraft change.
- The ability turn off / on the autosave via keyboard or button (forced off = no automation at all, must be turned back on via keyboard or button). A status window will automatically show as described below. 
- The ability to bring up the current state and settings in the lua with the keyboard or button
- In the lua file there will be 2 easily adjustable values: Time in minutes between saves, the number of saved flights
- 3 states: Forced off, Automatic off & Armed
- If retractable gear and gear is down = autosave is temp disabled (automatic return to active unless forced off)
- If fixed gear and speed is less than 1.35 (or 1.4) * Design speed VS0 (stall speed full flaps), normally 1.3 * VS0 for VRef =  autosave is temp disabled  (automatic return to active unless forced off)

Looking into it just a bit more, file handling might be a little bit of a chore.. Still doable.

Roman

• 1 month later...

On 3/7/2020 at 5:06 PM, spokes2112 said:

This could be a perfect project in lua.
It seems everything that is needed is provided in the FSUIPC offsets & in the lua library.
Just will take some time, may look into it but not until the weekend is over.

Ideas -
- FSX only
- The built in FSUIPC autosave must be turned off to use this
- The lua will be listed in the FSUIPC.ini [auto] section. It will start / restart on sim load or aircraft change.
- The ability turn off / on the autosave via keyboard or button (forced off = no automation at all, must be turned back on via keyboard or button). A status window will automatically show as described below. 
- The ability to bring up the current state and settings in the lua with the keyboard or button
- In the lua file there will be 2 easily adjustable values: Time in minutes between saves, the number of saved flights
- 3 states: Forced off, Automatic off & Armed
- If retractable gear and gear is down = autosave is temp disabled (automatic return to active unless forced off)
- If fixed gear and speed is less than 1.35 (or 1.4) * Design speed VS0 (stall speed full flaps), normally 1.3 * VS0 for VRef =  autosave is temp disabled  (automatic return to active unless forced off)

Looking into it just a bit more, file handling might be a little bit of a chore.. Still doable.

Roman

Good day,

Any luck in making it possible in fsx steam?

It's been done for a while now using FSX boxed, using steam will make no difference as FSUIPC is the interface.
Works great, been using it the last month, forgot it was even active in my sim!
Just the difficult part remains - the readme / instructions. ( hate it )
It has an UI that can be used in flight along with some default settings that need to be initially set up.

It is compatible with any of the following file formats - .a2a,  .FLT,  .FSSAVE,  .SBP,  .ipcbin, &  .WX
Does the Aerosoft 320 save any other of file type?
I can set it up right from the start.

In the next couple of days or so, 
Roman 

16 hours ago, spokes2112 said:

It's been done for a while now using FSX boxed, using steam will make no difference as FSUIPC is the interface.
Works great, been using it the last month, forgot it was even active in my sim!
Just the difficult part remains - the readme / instructions. ( hate it )
It has an UI that can be used in flight along with some default settings that need to be initially set up.

It is compatible with any of the following file formats - .a2a,  .FLT,  .FSSAVE,  .SBP,  .ipcbin, &  .WX
Does the Aerosoft 320 save any other of file type?
I can set it up right from the start.

In the next couple of days or so, 
Roman 

Good day,

Below files are required to be saved in aerosoft a320.

.FLT

.FSSAVE

.WX

.ASC

.FMS ( this gets saved in aerosoft folder in my documents C:\documents\Aerosoft\Airbus)

Thank You,

Await yours,

Take care.

• 4 weeks later...