The simFlight Network Forums

MACRO change number

Hi Pete,

I'm trying to map a plane with MACRO variables and everything works perfectly. This morning I started the simulator and the switches mapped with the MACROs didn't work anymore. I opened the macro test and to my surprise, I saw that the values have been changed. First, they were like this:

[Macros]

1 = EXTLT STROBE + = RX1801004.3
2 = EXTLT STROBE- = RX1801005.3

now they are changed like this:

1 = EXTLT STROBE + = RX1801001e.3
2 = EXTLT STROBE- = RX1801001f.3

what can I do to restore the values of before?

remapping everything becomes problematic and above all what has intervened to change the values so that it does not happen again.

tank you Pete, 

have a nice sunday.

Simone

53 minutes ago, sisoffi said:

what has intervened to change the values so that it does not happen again.

It was a bug in P3D4 which was fixed in 4.4. See this pinned notice at the top of the forum:

IMPORTANT NOTE for Mouse Macro users updating to P3D version 4.4

The numbers assigned by P3D4 before version 4.4 were different on each load UNLESS the order of loading aircrat and their cockpit configuration is kept exactly the same. Updating to 4.4 or 4.5 will stop that, but they will all change because of the update. After that they'll be constant into the future.

Pete

Pete,

i try now again and Pete, with Prepar3D 4.5 now and again macros change.

The aircraft and the situation is the same one loaded every time.

What should I do? I can't get to map the cockpit every time ... I don't understand what I have to do.

many thanks

Simone

1 hour ago, sisoffi said:

i try now again and Pete, with Prepar3D 4.5 now and again macros change.

This is now sounding like you have a corrupted P3D install. Either that, or there's a new bug in 4.5 as this was definitely fixed in 4.4.

There's nothing FSUIPC can do. All it is doing is recording the value sent to it by P3D. Could yo possibly (temporarily) go back to 4.4 (just the Client, no need to change anything else). A few minute job, uninstall the Client saying you want to keep your activation, then install the 4.4 client.

If this proves that it's a regression in 4.5 then I would suggest we both report it to L-M, myself on the Beta Forum and you in the main client forum.

Pete

I have been doing lots of tests, making macros for default aircraft. I'm gone back and forth between P3D4.5 and 4.4 (but not changing the Content, only the Client. I have no add-on aircraft except the Prosim737 and that has no pabels in any case, so I based my testing on the Beech King Air 350.

In P3D4.5 i made this macro file:

[Macros]
1=AltAlert=RX1000,3
2=BARO-=RX800,3
3=BARO+=RX801,3
4=WARNING=RXe800,3
5=CAUTION=RXe000,3
6=AP=RX1d800,3
7=FD=RX1d804,3
8=HDG=RX1d801,3
9=ALT=RX1d805,3
10=NAV=RX1d802,3
11=B/C=RX1d806,3
12=APPR=RX1d803,3
13=YD=RX1d807,3

I then loaded other aircraft and viewed their panels, and went back to the same King Air 350 and made the same set of macros again -- with exactly the same results.

I closed P3D4.4 down, the reloaded it, loaded some other aircraft then the same King Air, and made yet another macro file -- again, results identical.

So then I uninstalled the 4.5 client and installed the 4.4 one.

Went through the same process there, and every time i got the identical results.

So, my conclusion is that the facility works, that the rectangle IDs remain the same (as they should do since this was fixed in 4.4).

Note however that the 4.5 content might include aircraft which have been re-compiled since 4.4. That could change the rectangle IDs. Similarly, with Add-On aircraft, if they are updated, or make use of P3D default gauges, then they could have different rectangle IDs. I don't think L-M have any way of stopping this.

Pete

ok, Pete,

tried with 4.4 also, but same problem.

i don't know if is BlackBox A330 if change continuos but is difficult to maintain the same offset,

some of them change from one to the others. incredible.

10 hours ago, sisoffi said:

i don't know if is BlackBox A330 if change continuos but is difficult to maintain the same offset,

Not "offset" (those were used in mouse macros for FSX and P3D1-3 panels) but "mouse rectangle ID".

Different views (virtual cockpit vs standard 2D cockpit, different gauge sets like overhead, pedestal, etc) will all have different sets of mouse rectangle IDs, but they certainly should not change for the specific gauges of the same type  (VC or 2D) and the same view. Have you tested with other aircraft? I only have default ones apart from my Prosim737 which has no panel in any case.

If it is only the Blackbox A330 you might like to check their support or ask them more directly what might be going on. Possibly it's related to the way that is programmed or initialises itself. It's then really their job to get it working according to L-M rules -- either that or report the problem to L-M.

If it affects even default aircraft, or all add-ons, on your system, then there is certainly something specifically wrong on your install. You'd need to report that to L-M with full details of your system and add-ons being used.

Pete

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Pete,
prepar3d v.4.5.+hotfix (same problem with v4.4 jus said) 
just made a complete mapping of the maddogX on my laptop. Once the files are in the home cockpit PC the macros are changed.
I bring the files back to my notebook and get the values back.
Such a thing is not acceptable because we speak of more than 100 macros, I do not know if the fault is prepar or fsuipc.

Do you confirm that the problem still exists and how to solve it? do I have to go back to a previous version of prepar?

I always thank you for your precious help

Simone

1 hour ago, sisoffi said:

prepar3d v.4.5.+hotfix (same problem with v4.4 jus said) 
just made a complete mapping of the maddogX on my laptop. Once the files are in the home cockpit PC the macros are changed.
I bring the files back to my notebook and get the values back.
Such a thing is not acceptable because we speak of more than 100 macros, I do not know if the fault is prepar or fsuipc.

It will be Prepar3D because all FSUIPC does is record the ID which is provided by P3D, and, when it is used, just calls a function which is supposed to reproduce thesame action.

The problem will be that we haven't been able to reproduce it so far. Can you reproduce it with a default aircraft panel? If so let us have the macro file and tell us which default aircraft and panel. If we can reproduce it with a default aircraft then a bug report to L-M is reasonable and we can both submit it through our respective channels. They need to be able to reprodice it too, you see.

Pete

thank you, Pete,

i mapped the Money Bravo N123MS.

The result is:

[Macros]
1=SW_STBY_VAC_PUMP=RX5000,3
5=SW_PROP_DEICE=RX5800,3
6=SW_PITOT_HEAT=RX6000,3
7=SW_FUEL_BSTPUMP=RX6800,3
8=SW_ELEV_PITCH_T=RX7000,3
9=SW_ENG_IGNITION+ =RX1001,3
10=SW_ENG_IGNITION-=RX1000,3

46 minutes ago, sisoffi said:

i mapped the Money Bravo N123MS.

And do these also change next time you start a session and load the same aircraft?

Here I loaded up my P3D4 and then the same Mooney, and created these:

[Macros]
1=STBY_VAC=RX5000,3
2=PROP DEICE=RX5800,3
3=PITOT HEAT=RX6000,3
4=BOOST PUMP=RX6800,3
5=ELEV TRIM-=RX7000,3
6=ELEVTRIM+=RX7001,3

As you can see, they are identical to yours (except for the names of course). That was with P3D4.4.16, and the Mooney selected in the initial Scenario selection panel.

Then I closed P3D down and started it again. this time i let it load with my default Scenerario, then selected the Mooney. All the above macros worked fine.

So, next step: uninstall 4.4 client and install 4.5.12. 

Did same test. Got same results. The macros -- mine and yours, work fine.

So, sorry, it isn't reproducible. There's something wrong on your system. I think you'll need to go through a process of elimination. start with a fresh P3D4 install, test it, then add your stuff step by step, tesing each time.

Let me add that I'm not surprised the tests showed things are working. If they weren't there would have been a lot nore messages here saying this!

Pete