The simFlight Network Forums

Easy and fun intro to KLAX

blacklabelbraai

Good morning everyone.

If there are any new T!3DP users like me out there, I found a fun and easy intro to KLAX:

Real Traffic + Real Color are both required for maximum enjoyment.

Set up your time to start at midnight, with both 24R and 25L as your arrival runways. I generally schedule all departures next to taxiways Sierra and Delta to use 24L for departure with the others using 25R.

It's relatively busy at first but not manic and you can easily handle the load if you think things through. Traffic quietens down significantly from 1:30 AM and you can then either quit or speed up the clock to get to 5 AM when things DO start getting real busy! Starting at midnight also gives you time to try out some different commands.

I hope that helps some of you - I was completely overwhelmed when I first fired up KLAX (I don't like using the traffic % slider and always leave it at 100%). Now I'm thinking of starting at 6 AM

😬

EDIT:

Here's the graphic of KLAX hourly traffic, thanks @pete_agreatguy

EDIT #2

https://imgur.com/a/cBpECqq

Really valuable info for all the airports, with Real Traffic installed.

KLAX.png

On 5/13/2019 at 4:45 AM, crbascott said:

Actually the credit should go to @onehand who built the charts - @pete_agreatguy is just a link sharer in this case. Below is the actual thread where one can see the genesis of the charts. 

Thanks for the correction @crbascott - I seem to have noticed a slight anomaly in his calculation though, for KLAX traffic.

I played 00:00 to 02:05, and I had 53 total aircraft landings/takeoffs, instead of his stated 66

It still kept me busy and I'm not complaining, but wondering where the discrepancy originates?

Is it possible it's not absolute, and possibly dependent on day of week?

1 hour ago, blacklabelbraai said:

Thanks for the correction @crbascott - I seem to have noticed a slight anomaly in his calculation though, for KLAX traffic.

I played 00:00 to 02:05, and I had 53 total aircraft landings/takeoffs, instead of his stated 66

It still kept me busy and I'm not complaining, but wondering where the discrepancy originates?

Is it possible it's not absolute, and possibly dependent on day of week?

No, his calculations are correct. The game has multiple issues that cause less than the scheduled traffic to appear. If you search the forum I’m sure you’ll run across the issues I speak of.

No matter a schedule maker’s best efforts, the game has traffic volume limitations. Whether a schedule maker produces quality or quantity of schedules it makes no difference.

• Thanks 1