The simFlight Network Forums

cant set the buttons at FSUIPC5

2 hours ago, lior shamir said:

i cant set any buttons becuase it seems that the PMDG overrides it.

I think you must mean that assigning to PMDG aircraft panel actions simply doesn't work.

I expect you are assigning to the default P3D controls. Those are fine for most aircraft, but PMDG does its own thing. There are lots of threads and help about assigning PMDG's own controls using <custom control> numbers published by PMDG in its SDK, installed with their aircraft.

Please refer to the FAQ subforum. One of the first items is
How to program joystick buttons and keys to control PMDG aircraft

Your other questions are on the same subject.

Pete

Thanks for the help.

as for now  all my buttons are configured but still i have some issues:

1. how do i configure the views such as overhead upper panel,  overhead lower panel, center padestal?

2. i have configured "EVT_EFIS_CPT_MODE"  knob and that gives me the ability to turn the knob to the left but i cant find the configuration for the right hand turning.

3. i have saitek x52 pro joystick and throttle, when i tried to configure the joystick and the throttle they stooped moving  smooth (like getting stuck for a second and then continue)

i had no choice but to remove the configuration to get back to the default p3d configuration. why i that?

Views are best configured with ChasePlane. Commercial software and very popular.

For the EFIS and other MCP commands I have Polypot GoFlight software which links the GoFlight MCP to the aircraft MCP. I don’t know how to configure that command, sorry.

Can’t help with 3, sorry.

i have configured "EVT_EFIS_CPT_MODE"  knob and that gives me the ability to turn the knob to the left but i cant find the configuration for the right hand turning

The secret with the PMDG commands is getting the parameter correct.  I think the parameters are all actually "mouse flags" -- values which tell the panel what mouse action has occurred. The default will be left mouse button press. The dials are probably left button for one direction, right button for the other.

So, it'll be the same command,  but with the parameter for right mouse button. Isn't there are list of them in the document from which you got the command name? If not then maybe ask in the PMDG Forum, or search for the mouse flags in Microsoft websites (it's part of the Windows encoding of mouse events).

i have saitek x52 pro joystick and throttle, when i tried to configure the joystick and the throttle they stooped moving  smooth (like getting stuck for a second and then continue)

Jerkiness would tend to indicate conflicting assignments -- eg. both in FSUIPC and in P3D, but I don't know about pausing. that's odd. However, in general PMDG aircraft do not like axis controls assigned "direct to FSUIPC calibration", or even being calibrated in FSUIPC. Just assign, in FSUIPC only, to the FS AXIS controls and don't calibrate them.

Pete