The simFlight Network Forums

Can a Lua program be launched automatically?

Hi John,

I have a small Lua file that I want to run in P3D v3. It indicates the actual IAS because the aircraft’s own gauge isn’t always accurate. I have got it running by assigning a button press to start it but I was wondering if there’s a way of starting it automatically? I need that button for other things.

Once displayed it can stay on screen for the duration of the flight as the window can be sized quite small.

Hi Ray,

of course - just add to the [Auto] section of your ini (or the [Auto.<profile>] section if profile specific. See p40 of the Advanced User manual.

...ah, but just noticed that you are referring to P3Dv3 not v4, so presume for FSUIPC4, no? Not 100% sure when this was implemented so this feature may or may not be available - check your FSUIPC4 user manual.

Hi John,

Yes, it's for FS Labs Concorde only available in 32-bit for P3D v3. I shall check the FSUIPC4 manual - thanks!

Does it require a paid version to run Lua files? I'm assuming so. I have the paid version but it's something I want to distribute so that would be important.

Hi John,

According to the FSUIPC4 manual automatic running of Lua modules is possible. However, despite my best efforts I cannot get it to display when a scenario is loaded. This is what I have in my fsuipc4.ini

[Window.Radar Contact]
Docked=196, 2457, 3575, 2548

[Auto.Concorde]
1=IAS Display

[LuaFiles]
1=IAS Display

[Window.LUA display]
Docked=6456, 9340, 581, 683

And for suppressing / showing SimConnect windows I have these settings in the [General] section.

ShowMultilineWindow=Yes
SuppressSingleline=No
SuppressMultilineFS=No

They seem okay but the only way of getting the lua to display is via a button assignment.