The simFlight Network Forums

Joystick calibration

i am using p3dv4, i have no problem asign my hardware with axis assignment tag but when try to calibrate the number doesn’t move i get a  beep when move to the right or left i just don’t work all my drivers updated windows 10 64bit update to later build 

On 6/23/2019 at 10:45 PM, SonnyHG said:

when try to calibrate the number doesn’t move i get a  beep when move to the right or left

If you mean when you click the button to register the positions, then you have the order wrong. The numbers need to increase from left to right -- it won't accept any attempt to enter a number out of order.

Left and Right on the calibration screen does not always correspond to left and right positions, eg for a Yoke. The left most number is the "minimum" value, which must be less than or equal to the "centre" values and those must be less than or equal to the "maximum" value. That's why they have those labels.

There is no other cause of any "beeps" in that section of the options.

Please follow the numbered steps shown in the User Guide for proper calibration.

Pete

10 hours ago, SonnyHG said:

first i click the set button move the  joystick to left but the numbers stay some then move the joy to right and numbers don’t change both time

Which numbers "stay the same"? The axis value being read is displays at the "IN" value, on the left. Is that "staying the same"? If so then the axis is probably not assigned to that function.

Check in the Axes tab. Move your joystick and see if that sees it, and the IN numbers there change. Then look below to see what you assigned it to.

Pete

3 minutes ago, SonnyHG said:

ok been working now the numbers for ailerons & elevator move however the numbers for the min set, centra set & max set  don’t change 

They don't change, not until you set them using the associated button! Then they stay at those values and are saved in your settings file (FSUIPC INI) as the calibrated values to be used.

Pete

Clicking 'set' sets the numbers! So, move your joystick fully to the left, then click the left set button and the minimum number will be set, then move fully to the right and click the right set button to set the maximum. Center/null zone can be set by holding your joystick slightly off-centre to the left and right (i.e. two more clicks).

This is all explained in the user manual.