The simFlight Network Forums

Air Canada / WestJet liveries at CYVR

nrholland

I noticed that the liveries for Air Canada at CYVR are using the new paint scheme and a bunch still use the old paint scheme.  WestJet has a new paint scheme on their planes.  But it's not in the liveries for CYVR.  I surprised at that.  I know it takes considerable time for a new paint scheme to be put on every plane an airline has.  But this is a much smaller operation.  I don't know why they didn't use the new paint scheme on all the planes for both airlines.  Do you think they plan to do an update in the future?  Let me know.  It'd be nice.

Most of the Air Canada liveries in the later RC packs have the new livery (think there are still one or two that are in the duck egg blue as in real life) and at the time of the RC Pack for CYVR was being developed and released the new WestJet livery had not been released in the news (wasn't announced in the press till early May 09) so that's why it wasn't in the RC Pack

In fact the first aircraft in the WestJet fleet to get the new livery were the recently delivered 787-9 which are flying to Paris CDG which Nygeres Design are currently testing so I am sure that they will be looking to add this to the RC when its released in conjunction with the airport. The rest of the fleet will get this as and when starting with the 737-MAX once Boeing can gain approval to fly these and deliver the outstanding orders. See the following link:

https://airwaysmag.com/airlines/westjet-unveils-new-livery-for-787-9-dreamliners-photos/

As and when new airports are released by FeelThere and Nygeres which WestJet fly into I am sure that the new livery for other fleet AC will be included in RC packs as an update for those that want it.