The simFlight Network Forums

FSUICP Connection Error

I am flying with :

- FDS B737 sim

- Prosim version 2.23b2 

-Cockpitforyou TQ 

I am having an issue with my solenoid engines starter switches not staying on GRD. I can start engines only when manually keeping starter switch on GRD. However seemingly randomly after restart sometimes I can start the engines normally. I looked at Prosim logs and the error message I see mostly is: 

" FSUIPC ConnectionUpdate:Exception:Object reference not set to an instance of an object. "

Attached part of my prosim log.

Would appreciate assistance.

Thanks,

Wim

Prosim log Wim Butte.rtf

I feel very disappointed.... After many years of simming, this is my first post on this forum. Instead of a constructive reply to my question, I basically get the message  " just get out of here "...

Ofcourse I have posted the question ( albeit with a different title ) on the Prosim forum. I also contacted Prosimforyou. In both cases no resolution so far..

I was just hoping that somebody on this forum might recognise this message :" FSUIPC ConnectionUpdate:Exception:Object reference not set to an instance of an object. "

I am sure it is not an error caused by FSUIPC but I just hope somebody can point me in the right direction ( which is not to go somewhere else.. ).

So I humbly post my request again. With many thanks

Wim

Edited by Wim Butte
grammar

Hi,

you haven't been thrown out of the the Forum but suggested to ask for that problem in ProSim Forum , or even better at their support.

The error from the log file clearly stated as

9/24/2019 5:28:50 PM * FSUIPC ConnectionUpdate:Exception:Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at _FUrPNokJnxTbr2xmvAybNRdgbgt._3DyymujXFMPYQErojs3UDn2YkuG`1._FUrPNokJnxTbr2xmvAybNRdgbgt._2eAM7aQA6gdmzTLDwbDTDYvns63.MoveNext()

--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)

the instance of an object in that case is one of the Offsets they call and want to refresh/update its value. But in case the offset seems not to be correct declared in their code it throws that error.

In program code there are those calls to different routines and sub-routines with readable names for the programmer. Her, in case the programming language that is used is based on .Net Framework, they obfuscated (encrypted) the source code so it is unreadable and not to de-obfuscate without their personal key.

As they might use 100 or more different Offsets from FSUIPC for the different data the read from FS or write to FS, it is absolute impossible to know where the error lies or which Offset causes it.

Because of that you were suggested to ask in their Forum.

In case you use a Beta version of ProSim you might switch back to the latest release version instead to try if that solves the problem. Beta versions are often quick and not fully tested version that can cause crashes or don't work as expected. That is btw. what I do if a beta version doesn't give the correct/expected result.

Thomas

4 hours ago, Wim Butte said:

I was just hoping that somebody on this forum might recognise this message :" FSUIPC ConnectionUpdate:Exception:Object reference not set to an instance of an object. "

I am sure it is not an error caused by FSUIPC but I just hope somebody can point me in the right direction ( which is not to go somewhere else.. ).

The problem there is that the error message is NOT from FSUIPC. Not only that, it isn't even a message related to any that we can see might be related to anything FSUIPC might report as an error. So the only people who can help are those responsible for the software which is reporting that error -- in other words, ProSim.

I am also a ProSim user and have been for several years, and i do keep it up to date, but I know that the software is being developed all the time and some changes they make do cause errors to crop up on individual systems. So, as well as reporting it and asking for help in their support forum, it is a good idea to try other versions, later or earlier, of their software. It would help them as well as you if you can isolate it that way.

Accusing us of throwing you out is unfair when we are trying to point you in the right direction to get the help you need.

Pete

Hi Pete and Thomas, first of all thank you for your replies which now indeed give me some substance with which I can go back to Prosim again hoping that they will indeed now react!

I have not accused you of ' throwing me out of the forum ' and if you have understood it like that I apologize.  I have deliberately choosen my words carefully because indeed I am a first time visitor to this forum and moreover I have the greatest respect and gratitude for the work of Pete!  ( By the way Pete, we are also both clients of Nat Crea ).

Anyway, as I said I will take this up again with Prosim and also again with Cockpitforyou  as I am using their TQ. One thing is certain: I have a quick reply from you while I am waiting for almost 2 weeks for an answer from either Prosim or CFY...

Thanks and best regards,

Wim