The simFlight Network Forums

Mouse Macros

I have been working with mouse macros with FSUIPC 5.152. It appears that only one .MCRO file can be used using LUA ipc.macro("test: button1"). Any reference to another .MCRO file is ignored (ie. ipc.macro("other: button2")). Thisappears wrong as why would be able to refer to other macro files.

It also appears that .MCRO file(s) are only loaded when FSUIPC is restarted with P3D. Is there a way of forcing a .MCRO reload without restarting P3D.

3 hours ago, Scotfleiger said:

Is there a way of forcing a .MCRO reload without restarting P3D.

You can Reload all assignments  from the Axis Assignment tab, or Reload all buttons from the Buttons + Switches tab.

3 hours ago, Scotfleiger said:

It appears that only one .MCRO file can be used using LUA ipc.macro("test: button1"). Any reference to another .MCRO file is ignored (ie. ipc.macro("other: button2")). Thisappears wrong as why would be able to refer to other macro files.

Yes, you should be able to refer to any loaded macro file. I'll look into this later, but could you check that the .mcro file & macro that you are referencing are correct (i.e. the .mcro file is loaded/referenced in your ini, and the macro name exists in that file).

1 hour ago, John Dowson said:

could you check that the .mcro file & macro that you are referencing are correct (i.e. the .mcro file is loaded/referenced in your ini, and the macro name exists in that file). 

Thanks Pete. I have checked for the correct file and macro names. For example, with the same macro in 2 different files, I changed the ipc.macro call to refer to each file. One works the other doesn't.

Ok. I have just ran some tests with multiple macro files being called from a single lua and cannot see any issues.

You could also try logging Debug/Trace Lua plugins and maybe Events (non-axis controls) (from FSUIPC' Logging tab)  to trace what is happening. You can also attach this log with your lua/mcro files.

The size limit for the macro filename is 16 characters, including the extension. The limit for the macro names is also currently 16 characters. When using LVARS, the length for the lvar name is currently 32 characters, but has been increased to 64 for future releases and this update is also available in this post:

• Like 1