The simFlight Network Forums

Help Programming Honeycomb Yoke Buttons - Always On

While I'm a long time user, I'm no super user and am guessing there's some work around to this problem.  I run all controls through FSUIPC in P3D v4.4 to allow for completely custom profiles for any aircraft.

I've just received Honeycomb Yoke a few days ago and just got in to FSUIPC to try and program the buttons.  There are a hand full of lights, battery, avionics, and magneto switches.  The problem is that each position of the switch is a separate "button".  This means a handful of buttons are always pressed.  The problem this leads me to is that when I press a button I wish to program, call it button x, some other button press registers almost immediately changing the button to be programmed to button y.  How can I go through one button at a time without some other "pressed" button immediately overriding the one I just selected?

9 hours ago, ESzczesniak said:

This means a handful of buttons are always pressed.  The problem this leads me to is that when I press a button I wish to program, call it button x, some other button press registers almost immediately changing the button to be programmed to button y.  How can I go through one button at a time without some other "pressed" button immediately overriding the one I just selected?

FSUIPC assignment tabs react to a CHANGE in a button state. It won't change if the button isn't changing. It sounds like the "on" switches are actually pulsing on/off. Use the Button/Key log option (Logging tab) to see what is going on. You can see this in real time if you enably the Console window.

In order to program any button FSUIPC needs to see it going from "off" to "on".

Pete