The simFlight Network Forums

Lacking throttle window in PMDG b737

Please use always the Main Forum in relation to FSUIPC. Announcements is not a good place for sure.

Moved to Main Forum.

As I installed  PETE DOWSON - FSUIPC4 (2068) with WIDEFS and registered it my throttle window became invisible (from FSX views). Originally I added the window from older FSX B737 because PMDG has none in 2D version. I use 2D setup with 6 displays succesfully already for several years. The throttle system is needed to monitor autothrottle and use flaps and spoilers and handbrake. How to get it visible again?

2 hours ago, Oscar Sierra said:

my throttle window became invisible (from FSX views)

Though your FSUIPC settings and logged details might be useful, so please do send (add or paste) those files, you should understand that there is really no way, uninstructed, that FSUIPC can make windows disappear. It doesn't get involved with graphics at all.

Whilst we'll look at your files I think you should post the problem on the PMDG support forum.

Pete

Thanks Pete for exceptional quick answer - and sorry for using wrong forum!

I probably got the answer allready, if your programs do not handle the FSX-Windows at all. My next suspect is continous FSX-SE updates, which can come every day. But I nevertheless include the init file from steam\steamapps\common\fsx\moduls

Thanks very much

OS

FSUIPC4.ini

1 hour ago, Oscar Sierra said:

But I nevertheless include the init file from steam\steamapps\common\fsx\moduls

Looks pretty much default. You don't appear to be using FSUIPC for anything, but the LOG file would be more informative.

You said:

My next suspect is continous FSX-SE updates, which can come every day.

Do you mean beyond 63003, the one released last week on Steam by Microsoft?

Looking at the INI you are still on the last release by Dovetail Games:

FSVersionUsed="Microsoft Flight Simulator X",10.0.62615.0
SimConnectUsed=10.0.62615.0

Pete

I Still send the log-file, if you really have time to help me. You observation about the simulator version is amazing, because I removed the old FSX (CD-version) about a year ago (at least to my knowledge). PMDG plane has worked about 5 years with my added throttle file  first with old FSX (Gold version) and now (at least seemengly) with SE. Now I ordered a Honeycomb yoke to replace my joystick and are planning to install a tiller to control nosewheel and get reveses working in the natural way.. I also liked the possibility to syncronize klock with Computer time.

To get the log-file resized to allowed uplode size I removed some general lines from the beginning and end and the joystick lines.

Your's

OS

To get the log-file resized to allowed uplode size I removed some general lines from the beginning and end and the joystick lines.

Please do NOT remove anything! Just ZIP the file. It is all text and ZIPs up really small.

You observation about the simulator version is amazing, because I removed the old FSX (CD-version) about a year ago (at least to my knowledge). PMDG plane has worked about 5 years with my added throttle file  first with old FSX (Gold version) and now (at least seemengly) with SE.

Actually, cross-checking your FSX version, 62615, with my list, that version is a little old. the last version from Dovetail Games was 62617. Each of their updates improved on the previous, so it is always worth keeping up to date.

Pete

Pete,

I reinstalled the PMDG plane and thereafter my revised Panel.cfg and now it Works again. Very sorry troubling you in vain. Something only happened at the same time as I installed your programs.  Excelent Service from you anyway!

OS

22 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

Please do NOT remove anything! Just ZIP the file. It is all text and ZIPs up really small.

Actually, cross-checking your FSX version, 62615, with my list, that version is a little old. the last version from Dovetail Games was 62617. Each of their updates improved on the previous, so it is always worth keeping up to date.

Pete