The simFlight Network Forums
AZWildk4t

PFC Jetliner Yoke USB Connection

Hi Pete. 

I received my PFC Jetliner Yoke last week and trying to use FSUIPC to set it up. I added the PFC.dll and PFCcom64.dll to the modules folder like the instructions state. However, I am unclear which COM port to use since it's USB. When I select any of the COM ports using PFC Control Connections Check, it puts a green checkmark next to the COM port connect but the 2 Yoke checks fail.

Can you tell me what I am doing incorrectly in the setup?

Do I need to use PFC DLLs if it's a USB connection?

Thanks,

Steve

Hi,

PFC.dll also needs FSUIPC Version 3.70 or later for correct operation. The current version is 3.999
PFCFSX.dll needs FSUIPC4 for FSX/P3D—any version, but latest is best. The current version is 4.968
PFCcom64.dll needs FSUIPC5 for P3D4—any version from 5.101 onwards, but latest is best.

PFChid.dll The PFChid module for 32-bit sims
PFChid64.dll The PFChid module for 64-bit sims

So as you can see and as the manual states you will need for a USB version the PFChid version of the driver. Depending on which FS you use only one of the both but not both. If you use FSUIPC4 then it is PFChid.dll and if you use FSUIPC5 (P3Dv4) then you need PFChid64.dll.

But again only one of the both, remove any other PFC dll you already installed!

Thomas

10 hours ago, Thomas Richter said:

So as you can see and as the manual states you will need for a USB version the PFChid version of the driver. Depending on which FS you use only one of the both but not both. If you use FSUIPC4 then it is PFChid.dll and if you use FSUIPC5 (P3Dv4) then you need PFChid64.dll.

Thanks Thomas. I was looking at the PFC.dll documentation instead of the FSUIPC5 documentation. Is FSUIPC6 a typo? I only have FSUIPC5. [Was a typo, now corrected to avoid misleading other readers]

Hi,

it's FSUIPC5 (P3Dv4).

The latest download from Jun 2017 is correct. I must have copied from an older PDF. (download link below)

PFC HID device driver for FS9, FSX, FSX-SE and P3D PFCHID
includes PFChid.DLL for 32-bit sims, and PFChid64.dll for P3D4.

Thomas

12 hours ago, AZWildk4t said:

I received my PFC Jetliner Yoke last week and trying to use FSUIPC to set it up. I added the PFC.dll and PFCcom64.dll 

As Thomas says, it's EITHER PFC.DLL (32-bit) OR PFCcom64.DLL (64-bit) for a serial port PFC device, depending on which Flight Sim and FSUIPC you are using.

However, if this is a new PFC yoke then surely it is a normal USB devce, looking like a Joystick to Windows? The older PFC products were serial port based and using one of those two drivers I produced, but I thought all of their recent stuff was more universal?

The PFCHid.DLL and PFChid64.DLL drivers were made for non-joystick type PFC USB products which adhere to the Windows "Human Interface Device" standards (hence 'HID'), such as the Cirrus consoles.

Pete