The simFlight Network Forums

Windows 10-32 P3DV3 with FSUIPC4 and TRCLInk 3.7 connected to Simkits CCU2

*** Moved from FAQ to Support Forum: Please post support requests in the main support forum ***

Hi Peter, I was wondering if you could help - I have recently refurbished a high schools Simkits Cessna 172 Panel with the CCU2 32 bit controller and Radio Panel. The new computer is an I5 6 core running new copies of Windows 10 32 bit, Prepar3D 3.4.22.19868, SimConnect V3.4., FSUIPC4, TRCLink 3.7, RSCLink 1.6.0.37, and WideView 3.8 configured as a Server.  it is connected to a new i7 computer running Windows 10-64 and new copies of P3D v4.5.12.30293,  SimConnect V4.5, FSUIPC5 and WideView Client 64 Version 1.0. The aircraft model is the FSX C172 for now.

it all works well with the exception of the Aircraft Master switch and Light Switches connected to the Simkits CCU  that do not update the status of the Cessna 172 model master Switch and Lights running on the Windows 10-32 bit machine running P3D V3.4.

The  Aircraft Lights offset 0x0D0C does not change status when the switches are toggled. Offset 0x0D0C does change when the simulated aircraft panel light switches are changed using the mouse. 

So far my testing has included:

- Changing the simualted aircraft - No change.
- Replacing the CCU2 - No Change.
- Switching off the Windows 10-64 machine and stopping the WideView Server on the Windows 10-32 machine - No Chagne.  

- Changing Architectrue by running WideClient 7.1.5.6 and TRCLink 3.7 on the Windows 10-32 machine and the  Windows 10-64 running P3DV4.5 with FSUIPC5 WideFS enabled.- Switches connected to CCU2 card work correctly  

I have tried many things to try and isolate / correct the Simkits Master switch and Aircraft light switches when the Windows 10-32 bit machine is running as the server and the Windows 10-64 as the client. 

If you have any suggestions on what messages to verify or techniques to track down the fault in the configuration it would be very appreciated. 

Regards 

Robert

Edited by John Dowson
Moved to support forum

Hi,

to get an idea of what you running in relation to FSUIPC, please send the related FSUIPC LOG and INI files and as well the WideClient.log file. All files please after a fully closed session and not modified or shortened. To see what the switches are doing just activate in FSUIPC Logging tab IPC writes. Then copy and paste the content of those files or attach them zipped.

Thomas

Tx Thomas, In writing to you it made me think of another possibility related to the TRC Calibration file and all appears to be working.

It looks like the calibration file was corrupted when I installed the TRC SDK package. The calibration file changes to the SDK directory in the Local user data area. At the time I copied the calibration values from the original calibration file to SDK version. Two General Switch settings section appeared in the file that is labelled as V2.9. Anyway to clear the problem TRCLink has been re-installed and the calibration values copied into the v3.7 calibration file.

Apologies for taking your time.

FSUIPC4 and 5 still do a great job with P3D.

It is nice to see these old Simkits devices still able to work with new Computer hardware running Windows 10. Hopefully Windows 10-32 will be available for a bit longer. I have found the CPU mother board USB devices problematic with the CCU2 card but I have found a solution that works and is not too expensive. 

Best Regards

Robert

• 11 months later...

Hi Everyone,

A question about the winkits ccu2 setup.  
I recently got my hands on a very nice cirrus sr22 with a ccu2 build in. the system is core2 duo with Win XP 32 bit installed working with fs9. the ccu2 cesna layout works but is far from up to date of course, so i have build a new pc with Win10 64bit p3d v5.1

it obviously does not work with the 32bit ccu2. To get it working what would be the way to go?

Is it possible to use the 32bit xp pc as a client and the 64bit win 10 as a server? Or do i have to build another 32bit machine with win10 that wil handle the ccu2 hardware.

also read something about Emulator software (wow64) installed into a 64bit machine, anyone tried that with simkits?

Wil.

16 hours ago, phtat said:

it obviously does not work with the 32bit ccu2.

There's nothing stopping 32-bit software running on Windows 10. Why do you say "obviously"?  FS9 and FSUIPC3 are both 32-bit programs, as are FSX, P3D1-3 and FSUIPC4.

You will need to explain why you think your 32-bit software "obviously" won't run.

Pete

Pete,

32bit ccu2 on a 64bit win 10 doesn’t work. That’s what I meant.  I tried to get the ccu2 32 bit working on the 64 bit machine, but it doesn’t run. So i am looking for a way to get p3d 5.1 64bit working with the old ccu2 32bit.

wil

1 hour ago, phtat said:

32bit ccu2 on a 64bit win 10 doesn’t work.

Isn't that because it is incompatible with Win10, not the difference between 32- and 64-bit? Even if you revise it as a 64-bit program, that incompatibity will still be there.

I've had a lot of instances of Win10 incompatibility.

Pete

Tried extensively, Ccu software does not work with any 64 OS, also tried Wow64, the gauge program doesn’t install or work whatever i do and try. 

anyone , suggestions?

Is it possible to use the 32bit xp pc as a client and the 64bit win 10 as a server? Or do i have to build another 32bit machine with win10 that wil handle the ccu2 hardware.

also wich fsuipc do i need to use in both cases and can it handle widefs 

Wil

1 hour ago, phtat said:

Is it possible to use the 32bit xp pc as a client and the 64bit win 10 as a server?

Yes, but you'd need an old version of WideClient on the XP machine as the later versions only work with Win7 and later. Nothing to do with 32- or 64-bit. 

Why not install the 32-bit version of Win7?

1 hour ago, phtat said:

wich fsuipc do i need to use in both cases and can it handle widefs 

You should always use the latest version of FSUIPC for your specific Flight Simulator. They all support WideFS.

Pete