The simFlight Network Forums

Massive FPS Issues

axelsubo

Am I the only one that has incredibly low FPS on all variants of the E-Jets V3? I run with fairly low settings on P3D for the aircraft, even though I can increase my settings without much framerate drop with heavy aircraft like PMDG and Aerosoft products, but these planes seem to absolutely consume my framerate... Any idea why?

4 hours ago, scoobflight said:

see -

and -

So I tried disabling real-time protection and whitelisting the main P3D folder, but all that happens when I turn off real-time protection is an FPS drop of about 10, then it regains that FPS and stabilizes at around 15-20 which is still much lower than all other aircraft I own. Also I have a Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas X, not a Logitech controller so idk if the whole anti virus thing applies to me or not

3 hours ago, scoobflight said:

disconnect your controllers and see if there is an increase in FPS.

So idk if this is a good or bad thing, but after disconnecting my joystick there's a gain from about 15 FPS -> 25-30 FPS pinned on exterior view and 10 FPS -> around 20 FPS in VC view. No noticeable difference in component consumption in the task manager though

38 minutes ago, axelsubo said:

disconnecting my joystick there's a gain from about 15 FPS -> 25-30 FPS pinned on exterior view and 10 FPS -> around 20 FPS in VC view

search www for discussions with MSWindows having problems with the the .dlls related to HID controllers and sending extraneous and overwhelming information to games.