The simFlight Network Forums

help with intercepting Radar Contact menu text with fsuipc

Hello,

First of all, I want to thank Pete and everyone else for your help. The advice I've received on this forum has been hugely helpful in developing my application.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the facilities my software provides is reading out SimConnect messages via text to speech. This allow a blind flight sim user to read messages from Pro aTC/X, GSX, Active Sky, etc.

I just had an issue reported by a user who is using rc4. I haven't used RC4 in years.

When RC4 displays it's menus, it has a waypoint line at the top of the display that updates with heading, time to waypoint, etc. This is causing the rc4 window to read every time this is updated. I assume this is because it is updating the SimConnect changed offset, so my script thinks it is a new message. I was hoping to use the event id to do some specific processing on RC4 messages, but the event id seems to always be 0.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I might handle this?

All I want to do is read the new RC4 menu when it updates with new options, like I'm doing with GSX.

4 hours ago, Jason Fayre said:

When RC4 displays it's menus, it has a waypoint line at the top of the display that updates with heading, time to waypoint, etc. This is causing the rc4 window to read every time this is updated. I assume this is because it is updating the SimConnect changed offset, so my script thinks it is a new message. I was hoping to use the event id to do some specific processing on RC4 messages, but the event id seems to always be 0.

RC4 doesn't use the FSX/ P3D menu facility. It's menus are sent to FSUIPC as a basic text display, not a menu. FSUIPC just sees a new text string (all lines are in the one string) and that it sent to the normal text interception as a change.

The only way to see if the menu below this is the same would you be skip the first line (skip to the characters after the next line feed or return character).

Pete

Hi Jason, from Ron Kolesar.

I haven't used RC4 in a long time.

Even though I am blind, I still prefer everythign game and or sim I get involve with to be as close to the real world in every feature as much as possible.

I'm running FSUIPC Ver 4 to work with FSX-SE.

I also love flying for private GA flights the DF7X and hopefully a DF8X.

Could you share your pproject and progress with me off list?

I can be reached at:

kolesar16417@roadrunner.com

I'll be reinstalling FSX-SE and all of my flying programs from my flight bag all day tomorrow.

One question, which is more up to date and closer to the real world and might be more blind friendly for a ground crew program, GSX or UGSX?

Many thanks. 

Ron AKA The Blind Pilot