The simFlight Network Forums

Connection with SIOC

Hello Gentlemen

I've run an MCP from Open cockpit with no problem for 2 years. This item uses SIOC which connects to FSUIPC.

Last years I had to change my HDisk anrdreinstall everything and since SIOC refuses to start, with the mention "cannot connect to FSUIPC", though FSUIPC is active and vivible in FXX Add-on windows.

People from Open Cockpits gave me a few hints (remove firewall, run as administrator etc..) with no success the software starts but refuses to connect.. Would you have some idea for me ?
Thanks in advance

G. ELANDALOUSSI

FSUIPC.jpg

Sioc TB.jpg

As SIOC is installed in your 'Program Files (x86)', you probably need to run this as an Administrator. If you do this, you must also run your sim with the same privileges, i.e. also as Administrator. Have you tried this?

Anything connecting to FSUIPC needs to be ran at the same privilege level, and as FSUIPC is embedded in the sim, this means that you have to run your sim at the same privilege level as SIOC.

If thats not the issue, then you really need to continue your support with SIOC. 

Also, I take it (hope!) that you are running both SIOC and your sim/FSUIPC on the same pc? If not, it (obviously?) wouldn't connect - if you are running SIOC on a separate PC then you would need WideFS for it to be able to talk to FSUIPC on a separate PC. If SIOC and your sim (FSX or FSX-SE) are running on the same machine, the firewall shouldn't be an issue.

John

Later: do you have an error code from SIOC from the connection failure? This may also help....

Edited by John Dowson
Further info added

• 2 years later...

Hi,
I have got a similar topic regarding connection FSUIPC7 and SIOC V6. Yesterday, I installed FSUIPC7 (7.3.15)

When I run FSUIPC7 (w/o MSFS) and SIOC w/ FSUIPC enabled in SIOC_config file I encounter a problem:
SIOC states:

- FSUIPC status: ok
- no FSUIPC version recognized
- no IOCP Server Port and Host address recognized.

Result: no access to connected modules and cards.

When I run SIOC w/FSUIPC disabled in SIOC_config file there is no problem (FSUIPC still running).

I am also running SIOC V6 with FSUIPC4 & 5 and there is no problem.

Do you know about any issues regarding FSUIPC7 and SIOC?

Christoph

SIOC_with_FSUIPC7_running.PNG

SIOC_with_FSUIPC7_disabled.PNG

2 hours ago, Pilot1801 said:

Do you know about any issues regarding FSUIPC7 and SIOC?

No. Are you tunning SIOC with admin privileges? If so, you must also run FSUIPC7 with admin privileges (as well as MSFS). FSUIPC7 and all clients must be ran at the same privilege level.
Also check that you have not installed FSUIPC7 under a windows protected folder, such as under Documents or Program Files - if so, try re-installing in a non-windows protected folder.
If neither of those solve your issue, you should ask about this on opencockpits.com.

John

8 hours ago, John Dowson said:

No. Are you tunning SIOC with admin privileges? If so, you must also run FSUIPC7 with admin privileges (as well as MSFS). FSUIPC7 and all clients must be ran at the same privilege level.
Also check that you have not installed FSUIPC7 under a windows protected folder, such as under Documents or Program Files - if so, try re-installing in a non-windows protected folder.
If neither of those solve your issue, you should ask about this on opencockpits.com.

John

Hi John,

thank you for quick reply. Admin privileges was not the problem. In the meantime I have contacted OC. The solution was an update to SIOC v8.

Christoph

• 1 month later...
On 11/18/2022 at 7:25 PM, Pilot1801 said:

Hi John,

thank you for quick reply. Admin privileges was not the problem. In the meantime I have contacted OC. The solution was an update to SIOC v8.

Christoph

Hi Christoph / @Pilot1801,

were did you get Sioc V8? I am still running on a v7 Beta version and on the opencockpits site I cant find any newer version that a v6. 

Thanks a lot,

Mark

Edited by John Dowson
Added username reference