The simFlight Network Forums

SimConnect_DockView / SimConnect_UndockView

Dear Pete, Dear John,

Is there any chance to get in a future release of FSUIPC access to these Simconnect functions:

• SimConnect_DockView
  • SimConnect_UndockView

The reason: If you want to move views (e.g. panel pop-ups) to different screens dynamically in a multi-monitor environment, they must be unlocked. While you can save such views in P3D 4.5 on the main monitor as undocked window, this doesn't work for example on already undocked windows on a secondary monitors. There these panel views are always docked - even if you save the scenario as undocked. Loading them dock these views always.

Manually I can unlock them and then move them with your ext.position function in LUA. But for unlocking them I have no function.

Best regards
Reinhard

Reinhard,

On 3/23/2020 at 9:06 AM, aua668 said:

Manually I can unlock them and then move them with your ext.position function in LUA. But for unlocking them I have no function.

I save the flight with the panels undocked, of course all of them show up on the main window on flt load.. One key press --> ( ext.position) and voila.. Right where they need to be and the correct size.

Nice idea..

Roman