The simFlight Network Forums

Failed installation "invalid opcode"

1 hour ago, MPR said:

Can`t install correct, it came Installer corrupted: invalid opcode" What`s problem...? Wasted money??

What are you talking about?  Are you in the right place? What does the subject heading "MPR" mean? That's not particularly helpful, is it?

You also posted the twice at the same time. Please don't. I've deleted the duplicate.

Pete

• 3 weeks later...

I`m not so familiar with fora, so topic was uncorrect and duplicated. But, I tried to install FSUIP6, and I got information " installation aborted, setup was not completed succesfully". On pop-up information was " invalid opcode" I don`t know why it came, and what`s wrong with installer. FSUIP not recognize where is Prepar3D installed.

• MPR changed the title to Failed installation "invalid opcode"

And I re-downloaded file from Sim-Market, as was in another topic, but with same failed effect. Maybe it is corrupted file on sim-market. It could help if you can send me correct file or/and fix it on sim-market shop?

On 5/6/2020 at 8:14 PM, MPR said:

And I re-downloaded file from Sim-Market, as was in another topic, but with same failed effect. Maybe it is corrupted file on sim-market. It could help if you can send me correct file or/and fix it on sim-market shop?

The installer for FSUIPC6 is not on the "SimMarket shop", it is in only one place and has alreay been downloaded and installed by many users. The download links on SimMarket are the same as those on this Forum, in the "Download Links" subforum above, and on our website FSUIPC.com. And they cannot be corrupted as they are in use by many. Furthermore, we are now on version 6.07, after several updates and revised files. Which have you last tried?

In future please try to provide rather more information in your posts if you want to receive some help. If you look back at your previous posts (from well over two weeks ago now!) there was no useful information at all, nothing to explain what you were talking about at all! Just ended by a rather nasty comment "wasted money". It was with reluctance I bothered to answer such a post back then!

Pete

For other users who have this problem (i.e. the installer is unable to determine the location of your P3D installation), it is recommended to:
   - re-install the P3D client and run P3D once. This should fix the registry entries,
   - download and run the latest FSUIPC installer

- if this doesn't work, you could try this:
    https://www.nmgsimulations.co.za/flight-simulator-registry-fixer/

John; I have (sorry!)  the same problem....

cannot install the FSUIPC6 the install is stopped after a few moments the error is exact the same as the above user; installation aborted, invaled opcode ....

as to the above info; "re-install the P3D client and run P3d once ...."   

• what is the P3D client? 
  • How to reinstall?

Have a complete new W10, just the OS, and a working Prepar3d 4.5  (version V5 does not work if you want to use NL2000 aiports/senery)

Did you download and try the latest installer? If you got 'invalid Opcode' message, I presume not. Download the latest installer  and try that. Before you do, run P3D once first (just start it and then exit). If that doesn't work, only then re-install the client.

4 minutes ago, frankploegmakers said:

what is the P3D client? 

P3D installs 3 components: client, scenery and content. To uninstall the client, you need to go into the windows App and Features and uninstall from there, just as you would uninstall/remove any program. One removed, you re-install by running the Install_Client.msi provided by P3D (it will be in the folder where you extracted P3D after download). It will ask you if you want to deregister - click 'No'.