The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC6 and VRInsight

Hello Peter,
Having read in the documentation of Fsuipc6 that the hardware of VRInsight would be recognized by installing "VSPE",
I downloaded the "VSPE" software as indicated in Fsuipc6 for advanced users in order to create two virtual COM lines: COM2 / COM5 and COM6 / COM7. I have filled in and validate in "Target" -minimize-hide-splash 😄 \ Compairs_25_67, then in INI Fsuipc6.
I use the FCU and overhead of VRInsight A320.
When P3DV5 is launched, the FCU is recognized and asks me to choose my plane but not the Overhead.
I am attaching 2 files to this shipment.
Thank you for your advice which is always very effective.

cordially

ALEXANDRE Alain

FSUIPC6.ini FSUIPC6.log

Your COM ports cannot be opened:

969 VRI port 1 "COM2" failed to open
      969 VRI driver port 1 "COM5" failed to open
      985 VRI port 2 "COM6" failed to open
      985 VRI driver port 2 "COM7" failed to open

Is VSPE running?

Try adding the logging flags, as suggested:
    Debug=Please
    LogExtras=4

You also seem to have two [General] sections in your ini, with the first one prefixed by '!1=n' which will be make that section be ignored. Either delete that whole section, or remove those characters before the section name and also the other [General] section.

6 hours ago, ALEXANDRE Alain said:

I use the FCU and overhead of VRInsight A320.
When P3DV5 is launched, the FCU is recognized and asks me to choose my plane but not the Overhead.

I'm afraid neither the FCU not the Overhead are COM devices supported by FSUIPC. They were later developments by VRI which depended on their own new drivers. The VRI support in FSUIPC is only for the older original devices which only had rudimentary supporting software from VRI.

Please refer to Appendix 3 of the FSUIPC Advanced User's guide (page 57) where, right at the top, you will see the list of the original VRI devices supported.

Pete