The simFlight Network Forums

Request for information Ejets v3

Biggles2010

Previous request for this info has not produced response, so I ask again.

With the latest v3 Ejets, can you confirm exactly which EFIS screens are available as pop ups.    The website is completely vague about this.

1)  Are the EFIS pop ups for one side only or both sides of cockpit .

2) Do they include CDU as well as PFD, MFD, EICAS? 

3) Are they really 2D screens and therefore moveable.

Thank you for that sags.  Exactly what I needed to know.  I'm a long time user of version 2, with multiple screens, and looking to update to v3 so wanted to confirm before purchase.

Can't understand why Feelthere don't provide the information on their website, or why they could not answer either my previous post or this one.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/22/2020 at 12:50 PM, Biggles2010 said:

Thank you for that sags.  Exactly what I needed to know.  I'm a long time user of version 2, with multiple screens, and looking to update to v3 so wanted to confirm before purchase.

Can't understand why Feelthere don't provide the information on their website, or why they could not answer either my previous post or this one.

Maybe it's because it's in the manual. Pages 20 and 31 for the MCDU(aka FMC or FMS) and page 25 for the EICAS. 

Manual is freely downloadable on the product page (without purchase): https://www.feelthere.com/shop/p3d/embraer-v3-175-and-195-p3d4/

In the V2 manual, same info,  pages 21, 25  and 31 respectively.

1 hour ago, Jeffrey S. Bryner said:

Maybe it's because it's in the manual. Pages 20 and 31 for the MCDU(aka FMC or FMS) and page 25 for the EICAS. 

Manual is freely downloadable on the product page (without purchase): https://www.feelthere.com/shop/p3d/embraer-v3-175-and-195-p3d4/

In the V2 manual, same info,  pages 21, 25  and 31 respectively.

Sags kindly provided the answers I required some 3 weeks ago. I had already downloaded and checked the manual.

In my original post I asked very specific questions which are not fully answered in the manual. I have been using the Ejets v2 since it was launched. I have a replica cockpit built around it. In order to update that cockpit to P3D 4.5 I wanted to check I might be able to follow a similar process with the new E195 software. It involves a lot of work, and simply knowing only that some instruments could be enlarged, was not sufficient.

Anyway, having purchased v3, work is progressing. Most functions seem transferrable although the process is not as simple as with v2.

16 hours ago, Biggles2010 said:

I have a replica cockpit built around it. In order to update that cockpit to P3D 4.5

Wow. Would absolutely love to see that. Do you have a website or have anything online showing your cockpit? My hat is off to you; that's something I can only wish to aspire to doing but would love to have. Stationary or with a 3,5 DOF platform?

6 hours ago, Jeffrey S. Bryner said:

Would absolutely love to see that. Do you have a website or have anything online showing your cockpit?

There are a few pics already on the forum, currently page 15, dated Sept 9 2018 with topic heading 'Ejets v2, Thank you to FeelThere'.  I've made a few small changes since, because these things are always a work in progress.  It's a fixed base and it had to fit into a small store room inside the house. so no room for the right side seat. 

I'm still running on a single pc, which I'm upgrading again at the moment, but it's always a struggle with multiple screens. I would love a 4k main view, but that is out of the question unless I use a second pc, with Wide FS, but the original aim was to keep things as simple as possible.

1 hour ago, Biggles2010 said:

There are a few pics already on the forum, currently page 15, dated Sept 9 2018 with topic heading 'Ejets v2, Thank you to FeelThere'.  I've made a few small changes since, because these things are always a work in progress.  It's a fixed base and it had to fit into a small store room inside the house. so no room for the right side seat. 

I'm still running on a single pc, which I'm upgrading again at the moment, but it's always a struggle with multiple screens. I would love a 4k main view, but that is out of the question unless I use a second pc, with Wide FS, but the original aim was to keep things as simple as possible.

Wow, and I do mean wow. So where did you get all of the components (overhead, yoke, pedestal, etc) visible in the pictures?  Do you fly (in it) online, if so which network? I'm on VATSIM.  If I'm asking too much (private) info, please PM me. I'd love to hear more about this.  How did the project start?  What are you using for Those posts are only a mere 2ish years old; to me that's recent. Did you use any GWI panel components? 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jeffrey S. Bryner said:

So where did you get all of the components (overhead, yoke, pedestal, etc) visible in the pictures?  Do you fly (in it) online, if so which network? I'm on VATSIM.  How did the project start?  Did you use any GWI panel components? 

I started building model airplanes when I was 10 years old, and over the years it extended into other forms of model engineering. I started simming with FS95, but got more interested from FS2004 onwards, using Saitek stuff, but computers were still too inadequate. Later I saw some Boeing cockpits that people had built in the US, and for their time they were amazing. That got me researching what might be possible, on a sensible budget. Most of the aircraft software I tried was unsuitable, either because control functions were not accessible, or the panels did not allow a realistic layout on multiple screens. The one software that eventually ticked all the boxes was the E-jets v2.

I started the build about 8 years ago and it took about a year. The components are home built, using readily available materials to minimise cost. In fact the total cost, apart from the computer was about £2000. More recently I built the steering tiller, new rudder pedals and fitted an extra screen for a forward left view.  I did pay a lot of attention to the feel of the controls, as well as their electronic function, because it adds so much to the immersion factor. The bits that don't show can look quite crude, providing the moving parts are adequately engineered. I don't fly online, just individually, but it was important that it should feel like being in a cockpit. 

I've attached a few more images in case they might stimulate others to try it. I should say the rudder pedals are home built, as a one off for personal use, because they are based on the excellent MFG Crosswind units which I acknowledge and recommend.

What are GWI panels?

mip 5.jpg

y (5).jpg

y (2).jpg

FGP 3.jpg

ped 11.jpg

FGP 1.jpg

ped 3.jpg

ped 7.jpg

ped 12.jpg

Ohead (1).jpg

seat 5.jpg