The simFlight Network Forums

Brakes Don't disengage

Good Day.    I did not use FSUIPC in Prepar3d ver4.  I am now on P3d V5 with FSUIPCv6 (Paid).  When I assigned axis for my "Thrustmaster Rudder" Left and Right Brake never disconnects.  Once I turn off parking breaks and touch my pedals the brake on the lower part of right hand screen says brake and does not release.  Anyone can provide me help.

11 hours ago, markmasterson said:

When I assigned axis for my "Thrustmaster Rudder" Left and Right Brake never disconnects.

I assume you mean you assign the THREE axes -- rudder, left toe brake and right toe brake?

11 hours ago, markmasterson said:

Once I turn off parking breaks and touch my pedals the brake on the lower part of right hand screen says brake and does not release.

That sounds like you've not properly calibrated the toe brakes.  Please refer to the calibration chapter in the FSUIPC User Guide. There are numbered steps to good calibration.

Oh, and if you are assigning in FSUIPC, make sure you disable controllers in P3D.

Pete

All, I appreciate your help and support.  I will do as Pete and John recommended and attach files for your review. What I found out.  Which Vaughn and Pete pointed out.  I needed to calibrate.  What I did not know is you have to keep the left side 0 and set the right side.  I set both before.  It has been 3 years since I have used FSUIPC (4).  So a lot of these things I have forgotten.  Now to solve my joystick Aerosoft pro problems with my throttle.  Lots to relearn on this one...

Hi!

The T-Rudder pedal there is a switch on USB cable (car,airplane). He has to be it in the suitable position. In a flying position Rudder province (Z axis) 0-1023. Left(Y), Right(X) brake: 1023-0 (reversely). It in FSUIPC -16383->16383 all three axes. I correct the values calibration with a hand always it FSUIPCx.INI in a file somehow like this:

[Axes.PMDG-B747]
6=5X,8,D,8,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: RightBrake }-
7=5Y,8,D,7,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: LeftBrake }-
8=5Z,8,D,3,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Rudder }-

[JoystickCalibration.PMDG-B747]
Aileron=-16380,-160,160,16380/8
Elevator=-16380,-160,160,16380/8
Rudder=-16380,-160,160,16380/8
LeftBrake=0,16380/8    (at the brakes the minus it is necessary to leave a province out of consideration)
RightBrake=0,16380/8
Throttle1=-16380,0,0,16380/40
Throttle2=-16380,0,0,16380/40
Throttle3=-16380,0,0,16380/40
Throttle4=-16380,0,0,16380/40
Spoilers=-16380,16380/24
SteeringTiller=-16380,-200,200,16380/8

Not the T-Rudder I use it but one with own building, but his parameters the same ones.

This calibration values works it FSLABS-320 of his cases. There is some trick there (I do not remember him now what is it), but this there good.

Best regards, Julius

13 hours ago, niberon said:

LeftBrake=0,16380/8    (at the brakes the minus it is necessary to leave a province out of consideration)
RightBrake=0,16380/8

The full toe brake axis range is -16384 to + 16383, so with a minumum of 0 in your case your toe brakes will be 50% applied.

If you cannot get the full axis range by calibrating (using either windows calibration or any software that comes with your device), then you will need to scale the input axis. There is a section in the Advanced User manual on how to do this, but basically you have to edit the ini to set your brake axis assignment to something like

6=5X,8,D,8,0,0,0, *32.03, -16384    -{ DIRECT: RightBrake }-
7=5Y,8,D,7,0,0,0, *32.03, -16384    -{ DIRECT: LeftBrake }-

Make this change and then re-calibrate.

John

P.S. I've corrected the values as I just noticed that your reported range is 0-1023 and not 0-16383, so you need to multiply by 16383/1023 to get 0-16383, then double to get 0-32768, then you subtract 16384 to get the required range of -16384 to + 16384

Btw, It would be easier for me to advise if you could post your full ini and the suggested log file: 

On 4/22/2020 at 4:14 PM, John Dowson said:

go into the FSUIPC logging options and activate Logging for Axis controls. Then activate your left and right brake through its full range (independently). Stop the sim, then post both your .log and .ini files and I'll take a look.

You can try the above (previous post), but it shouldn't be necessary as FSUIPC should scale your axis calibration values from 0-16380 to the full -16384 to + 16383 values anyway. In the brake axis calibration page, what do you see in the in/out values when your toe brakes are in the default position (off)?

Hi John,

I did it what you wrote, but like this not good. Very much no. When very tiny one I press the brake, closes ranks totally then already. I read the document, and I understood what you would like to present roughly. I made an attempt so somehow earlier, but was not good then already. Totally all the same, that the one calibration you are at least 0 just -16384.

We revise it in an order:

1. Windows receive 1023 values let totally. Ovecome totally 0. Linear value. I wrote that he is translated according to me in this direction (but this now it doesn't matter).
  2. FSUIPC Axis Assignment page: Barke released value is -16384. But if very tiny one I step it on, shows a positive value immediately then. When totally in is making a step, then 16383. (not linear function)
  3. FSUIPC Axis Calibration page: if Calibration minimum value is 0 or -16384, then "In" value is -16384, "Out" value is -16383. When tiny one I press it (approximately 5%), in both cases +16383 "In" and "Out" were worth it. And is left so until the full entry.

If I use my setting so shape:
  1. It is a former state naturally.
  2. FSUIPC Axis Assigment page: Works likewise here, than in the former case.
  3. FSUIPC Axis Calibration page: The function does not tally here, if the calibration values differ minimum. If the it had them minimum -16384, then "In" "Out" the same one will be a curve than in the previous case. But if the it had them minimum 0, then In value same thing than the previous case, "Out" a curve will be linear beautifully on the other hand from -16384 until 16383.

Let a screw come now then: the simulator onto whole one's it is possible to relate that the brake holds a little bit strongly. The one with bigger mass is disturbing already at machines. If it is FSUIPC calibration I grant a bigger value than 16383, I may soften the brake effect with it then. So if the I write 21000 values to 748, the calibration will not be "Out" value then bigger than 9178. Like this reducible the maximum brake effect.

Is not for me T-Rudder pedal, but is just here on a repair (rudder dead, but the brakes good). I did not rehearse once anyway Logitech G940 pedal (repairing on that of a level), and it works in the same manner. Only so much the difference, that the G940 8 bit ones.
I tested it shortly, i hope so we made it. Log I do not promise a file now because it takes time, by the time all of the cases are ready, but I prepare it if he is needed inevitably (only not now)

Best regards, Julius

Hi Julius,

sorry, but your post is very difficult to understand....google translate by any chance? However, this stands out:

29 minutes ago, niberon said:

FSUIPC Axis Assignment page: Barke released value is -16384. But if very tiny one I step it on, shows a positive value immediately then. When totally in is making a step, then 16383. (not linear function)

This behaviour can be caused by bad registration, i.e. the device is registered in windows registry as digital instead of analogue.

You could try the following:
    - disconnect your device
    - go to windows device manager rand delete your device there (including any software)
    - reboot windows
   -  reconnect your device
   - go to windows Game Controllers and calibrate your device there

Once that is done, please try again in FSUIPC.

If you require further assistance after performing these steps, please attach your .ini and .log files (as previously requested).

16 hours ago, niberon said:

This calibration values works it FSLABS-320 of his cases.

Just noticed this. Are you saying that your brakes are working ok in this aircraft, and your problem is just with the PMDG aircraft?

If thats the case, you could try sending the brake axis to the FS instead of to calibration, as axis calibration in FSUIPC is known to cause issues with PMDG aircraft due to priority levels. If doing this, I think you would then need to scale your axis values as previously indicated so that the sim sees the full range.
Again, seeing your full ini would have been useful.

Hi John,

I assigned Your settings to the left side brake. To the right side brake the My settings. I pressed it I let the left brake. After it the right side brake. Events were going in the log file.

[Axes.PMDG-B747]
6=5X,8,D,8,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: RightBrake }-         (My setting)
7=5Y,8,D,7,0,0,0,*32.03,-16384    -{ DIRECT: LeftBrake }-  (Your setting)

[JoystickCalibration.PMDG-B747]
LeftBrake=-16380,16380/8       (Your or default setting)
RightBrake=0,18600/8               (My setting) 18600 value is reduced brake effect in the dry runway (748 near really)

LeftBrake totally catastrophe, but RightBrake good.

2 hours ago, John Dowson said:

This behaviour can be caused by bad registration, i.e. the device is registered in windows registry as digital instead of analogue.

We leave this. I checked it many times, only Windows there is a driver, and all work well. Good the values, the calibration, etc.:) The axes give a very beautiful lineal curve. If he would not be so already I would repair it.:) His part my job.

I attached log file.

FSUIPC6.log

Hi,

I suggested why the brake holds only when he would not be needed. And solution onto him, how it is possible to repair it.
Problem appearing very densely anyway. The brake has an effect on many machines so than the clamp. Even real pilots complain. I correct it for them afterwards.:)
Until all of them it FSUIPC default his calibration is used.

Regards,
Julius

Hi Julius,

I'm sorry but I cannot understand what you are trying to say.

Can  you please answer the following questions:

Is this problem for the PMDG aircraft only?

Do the brakes work for all or any other aircraft (you said it was working in the FS-Labs-320, no)?

Why do you say "RightBrake good" for the PMDG? If this is the case, then you do not have a problem.

IF your problem is only with PMDG, then you could try with sending the brake axis to the FS rather than to FSUIPC calibration (and remove the calibration entry). However, if you do this, you may need to add the scaling I previously provided otherwise your range would be too small (0-1023), and may also need to reverse (by making the multiplier negative and adding 16384 rather than subtracting),

But before you try anything else,  I really need to see your .ini (the whole file, not extracts), and the log file with Axis controls logging active, and showing each brake activated separately through its full range. I have asked for this several times now, and cannot help further if you do not provide these.

Cheers,

John