The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC 6 interface ID in prepar3d v5

Hi!

I noticed that the FSUIPC 6 interface sends the wrong ID when connecting P5, the interface is sends as P4:

fsupic1.jpg

If we select the interface SimConnect then everything is ok🙂:

simconnect.jpg

Please check thisđŸ€“

Edited by niksan29

9 minutes ago, niksan29 said:

FSUIPC 6 interface sends the wrong ID when connecting P5, the interface is sends as P4:

FSUIPC doesn't send anything. Where are you reading this from? The P3D version number should be available in offset 3124. Offset 3308 will still contain 12 (for P3D 64-bit), as it does for P3Dv4.

John

• Upvote 1

weather engine: https://www.fsrealwx.de/index.php/downloads/fsrealwx-3-0/send/3-fsrealwx-3-0/13-fsrealwx-3-0-stable 

This version was created when P5 was not yet(but  works fine in Р5 now), nevertheless, the SimConnect interface  determines prepar3d v5 correct version and the FSUIPC 6 no😔

Based on this, we can conclude that the weather engine has nothing to do with it, it doesn’t appoint interface IDđŸ€“

ĐŻ ĐžĐŒĐ”Đ» ĐČ ĐČОЎу ŃŃ‚ĐŸ Đ·ĐœĐ°Ń‡Đ”ĐœĐžĐ”:

simconnect.jpg

Đ° таĐșжД

fsupic1.jpg

In this case, there is no logical explanation of how the weather engine determines the prepar3d version through symconnect correctly...

22 minutes ago, niksan29 said:

Based on this, we can conclude that the weather engine has nothing to do with it, it doesn’t appoint interface IDđŸ€“

Like John, i don't know what that is. There's no point in you repeatedly showing pictures of the software you are using. It is evidently not getting things right. It is the authors of that program you need to address!

The only way an FSUIPC application can tell through FSUIPC what version of flight simulator it is handling is through reading offset 3124. I have double checked and this most certainly reads "50" for Prepar3D 5.0, exactly as it should and as documented.

I think that the program you are using, has not been updated for P3Dv5 and is not interpreting whatever it is reading from FSUIPC correctly.  Most likely it is only reading offset 3308, which does not and never has given the specific version number of FSX or P3D, but only"FSX 32-bit", "P3D 32-bit" or "P3D 64-bit". 

You need to go to the support forum for that program you are using and ask them for an update. Or just use it and be happy! 😉

Pete

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

You need to go to the support forum for that program you are using and ask them for an update.

yes it's a good option🙂

but as you said:

4 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

I think that the program you are using, has not been updated for P3Dv5

then how does the SimConnect  transmit the correct sim version?

I do not see a logical explanation here😌