The simFlight Network Forums

Cannot Read MCP Unless I ZOOM the panel FIXED!!

canadagoose1

I thought the blurry MCP texture problem was fixed in the latest Service Pack. I did a flight today and it was impossible to read the buttons on the MCP.Ā  Even when I zoom in they are hard to read. I can easily navigate the various buttons by memory, but that is not the point, I'm Lazy...LOLšŸ˜€. They should be more legible than currently presented. I believe this was one of the top of the list features that needed to be addressed with the latest Service Pack. Has anyone else experienced this with the latest build?

Regards,

TS

Because it is the "Glareshield" buttons I am having the problem with, I opened the "sharedtextures" folder in the PIC E175 folder and there is a file called "emb_glarebuttons.dds" with a texture size of 1024 x 1024 pixels. If that file size was changed to say 2048 or 4096 (If I knew how to do that I would give it a try...Maybe there is a file conversion app out there), would that possibly fix the problem? Maybe the developers could chime in here as well. But maybe it's not as easy as that. I don't know.

Regards,

TS

OK, I fixed it! There is a .dds conversion app online (https://www.aconvert.com/). I used it to re-size the "emb_glarebuttons.dds & emb_glarebuttons_n.dds" files to 2048 and 4096. I tried both the 2048 and 4096 and didn't see much difference in resolution. So I settled for the 4096 (no hit on FPS either). The Glareshield buttons are readable from my normal VC viewĀ  now. It's like night and day! I am keeping the 3 options (1024, 2048, 4096) for these 2 files in a separate folder for backup in my "sharedtexture" folder in the feelthere PIC E175 folder. They can be easily interchanged if needed. Sorry, the converted file zip would total 17mb, the max for attachments is 4.88mb, so I am not able to include them here. But the above files are easily converted using the website above.

Hope this helps others with this problem.

Regards,

TS

On 4/27/2020 at 8:44 PM, canadagoose1 said:

OK, I fixed it! There is a .dds conversion app online (https://www.aconvert.com/). I used it to re-size the "emb_glarebuttons.dds & emb_glarebuttons_n.dds" files to 2048 and 4096. I tried both the 2048 and 4096 and didn't see much difference in resolution. So I settled for the 4096 (no hit on FPS either). The Glareshield buttons are readable from my normal VC viewĀ  now. It's like night and day! I am keeping the 3 options (1024, 2048, 4096) for these 2 files in a separate folder for backup in my "sharedtexture" folder in the feelthere PIC E175 folder. They can be easily interchanged if needed. Sorry, the converted file zip would total 17mb, the max for attachments is 4.88mb, so I am not able to include them here. But the above files are easily converted using the website above.

Regards,

TS

Thanks for this, so you set a height and width of 4096x4096?

2 minutes ago, Shom said:

Thanks for this, so you set a height and width of 4096x4096?

Yes, I am actually using 2048 x 2048. Don't notice much difference. I only replaced the "emb_glarebuttons.dds" file. I left the "emb_glarebuttons_n.dds" as is @ 1024 x 1024 because I noticed a bit of a stutter using the 2048 or 4096 size. But you can try the 4096 and see for yourself.

• Like 1

On 4/27/2020 at 12:44 PM, canadagoose1 said:

This must be too complicated for me. I take it I must go off the Home page and Image seems the logical choice, but DDS is not an option for "output"ing the file. None of the other choices seem appropriate. Home page doesn't offer to resize the output file like I've seen mentioned here.

I know it's right in front of me, but I'm not seeing it.

Put my glasses on and DOS changed to DDS. Amazing I can still function.

• 2 weeks later...