The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC offset 3340.0

Pete how are you?

I own Prosim737 and Cpflight ASP V2 and I’m trying to assign 3340.0 in Prosim737 config to the FO ASP IC, but when trying the switch in FSUIPC the joystick button isn’t getting recognised?

I have set 3344.0 and 3344.1 for RT switch captain and fo and those work fine?

11 minutes ago, Driver170 said:

I’m trying to assign 3340.0 in Prosim737 config to the FO ASP IC, but when trying the switch in FSUIPC the joystick button isn’t getting recognised?

I have set 3344.0 and 3344.1 for RT switch captain and fo and those work fine?

All of the virtual buttons are treated the same in FSUIPC, just assigned different joystick numbers from 64.

Did you check the buttons assignment tab in FSUIPC Options to make sure your button showed up as joystick 64, button 0?

Pete

5 hours ago, Driver170 said:

Where can i get a list of these numbers?

What numbers. Do you mean FSUIPC Offsets? The list is in the Offsets List document installed with the rest of your FSUIPC documentation.

If you didn't understand about offset 3340 how come you are programming ProSim for it?

5 hours ago, Driver170 said:

Yeah I checked that page and nothing was showing up. 

So whatever you programmed to set that bit is obviously wrong. How did you program it? Or is this something cpFlight did for you? If so I think you need to go back to them.

Pete

7 minutes ago, Driver170 said:

Because I already have 3344.0 and 3344.1 set for RT switch on my pedestal which activates PTT for Vpilot.

Someone on Prosim737 forum said try 3340.0 and 3340.1 for your intercom switch which i am trying to assign that to the X button.

My intercom switch? Sorry where?

Pete

7 hours ago, Driver170 said:

On pedestal- ACP the switch called I/C and R/T

Okay. I have one like that on my aft overhead, but I've programmed that to operate a keypress in Pilot2ATC (the ATC program I use) to switch between two different sound outputs -- one to my headsets and the other to my overhead speakers. All this is on a separate PC from both ProSim and P3D. So I really don't know how it relates to what you are programming.

It definitely sounds like a question for cpFlight. Have they programmed the pedestal, or did you?

Pete

2 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

Okay. I have one like that on my aft overhead, but I've programmed that to operate a keypress in Pilot2ATC (the ATC program I use) to switch between two different sound outputs -- one to my headsets and the other to my overhead speakers. All this is on a separate PC from both ProSim and P3D. So I really don't know how it relates to what you are programming.

It definitely sounds like a question for cpFlight. Have they programmed the pedestal, or did you?

Pete

Its all plug and play Cpflight pedestal.

Not sure Cpflight can do anything though? Because i have 3344.0 and 3344.1 working. Unless i need to assign something else somewhere maybe?

44 minutes ago, Driver170 said:

Not sure Cpflight can do anything though? Because i have 3344.0 and 3344.1 working. Unless i need to assign something else somewhere maybe?

You can check yourself. In the FSUIPC Logging tab, Monitor (8right-hand side), add offset 3340 and 3344, both as type U32, and check Hex (so we can see the bits set or clear).

Set for the normal log below, so the values are logged. (You can display on screen also).

Use your switches and see if you get the offsets changing.

You can also set or clear the bits by assigning a button or keystroke to Offset Byte Setbits, Offset Byte Clearbits, or Offset Byte Togglebits, giving the offset as x3340 and the bits as parameter (1 for 3340.0,  2, 4, 8, 16 ... 128 for 3340.7)

Pete

2 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

You can check yourself. In the FSUIPC Logging tab, Monitor (8right-hand side), add offset 3340 and 3344, both as type U32, and check Hex (so we can see the bits set or clear).

Set for the normal log below, so the values are logged. (You can display on screen also).

Use your switches and see if you get the offsets changing.

You can also set or clear the bits by assigning a button or keystroke to Offset Byte Setbits, Offset Byte Clearbits, or Offset Byte Togglebits, giving the offset as x3340 and the bits as parameter (1 for 3340.0,  2, 4, 8, 16 ... 128 for 3340.7)

Pete

Ok, its showing as IPC: 3340 (U32) = 0x1

I’m activating the I/C switch but its stuck on 0x1

Does this make sense? 

9 minutes ago, Driver170 said:

Ok, its showing as IPC: 3340 (U32) = 0x1

I’m activating the I/C switch but its stuck on 0x1

0x1 means the switch is ON. It would be 0x0 if it was OFF.

If it got set to 0x1 then I assume that was your cpflight software doing it. If it doesn't change when you operate the switch then to me that suggests a broken switch or a loose connection.

Don't cpFlight provide any way to verify that your hardware is all working okay?

Either way, it really isn't an FSUIPC support matter, but cpflight as I suggested before.

Pete

Just now, Pete Dowson said:

0x1 means the switch is ON. It would be 0x0 if it was OFF.

If it got set to 0x1 then I assume that was your cpflight software doing it. If it doesn't change when you operate the switch then to me that suggests a broken switch or a loose connection.

Don't cpFlight provide any way to verify that your hardware is all working okay?

Either way, it really isn't an FSUIPC support matter, but cpflight as I suggested before.

Pete

Pete, i found why it was on - because i use Prosim737 intercom i set ALWAYS ON for my intercom. Now i have turned it off its showing = 0x0

6 minutes ago, Driver170 said:

Pete, i found why it was on - because i use Prosim737 intercom i set ALWAYS ON for my intercom. Now i have turned it off its showing = 0x0

So what is setting it? Since the virtual button offsets are supposed to be INPUTS to the software (ProSim in this case), ProSim should NOT be programmed to write to them!  It is the job of your cpFlight switches to do that!

I think you might be getting yourself confused between switch inputs and ProSim settings.

Either way, as I said, it isn't an FSUIPC matter. FSUIPC is merely a repository for the data you are storing in and reading from these offsets. FSUIPC isn't doing anything with them if you are not programming the virtual buttons so signalled.

Pete

2 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

So what is setting it? Since the virtual button offsets are supposed to be INPUTS to the software (ProSim in this case), ProSim should NOT be programmed to write to them!  It is the job of your cpFlight switches to do that!

I think you might be getting yourself confused between switch inputs and ProSim settings.

Either way, as I said, it isn't an FSUIPC matter. FSUIPC is merely a repository for the data you are storing in and reading from these offsets. FSUIPC isn't doing anything with them if you are not programming the virtual buttons so signalled.

Pete

I set it. In GATES you have I/C i set 3340.0

Its all to confusing for me i’m best to leave it alone.

10 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

Pete

I got it working pete. I had my yoke button assigned for intercom switch in Prosim737