The simFlight Network Forums

FSX will not load after installing FSUIPC4 on a windows 7 or 10 PC

Hi,

I purchased the FSUIPC4 from your website back in 2012.

it worked fine when I had it with FSX installed on a Windows XP machine.

I installed FSX first on a Windows 7 machine , worked fine when I chose the compatibility to run in Windows XP SP3 mode.

but once I install FSUIPC4 , FSX will not load properly.

it either shuts itself down (Exit) within the first 20 seconds or will hang ( initial splash page will stay on the screen).

I had the same results when installing FSX and FSUIPC4 on another machine running Windows 10

Could you kindly advise of any resolution to this issue please.

I need it to work so badly please

Regards

Nigel Kazanji

Hi,

first FSX doesn't need to run in any compatibility mode. Best practice is to NOT install FSX in C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files (x86) folder. Make sure you have SP2 for FSX installed.

Also make sure you followed the installation guide and installed FSUIPC as administrator (right click on the installer). I guess you used latest http://fsuipc.simflight.com/beta/Install_FSUIPC4975a.zip installer.

Please provide the FSUIPC4 Install.log file and the produced FSUIPC4.log file, both are located in your FSX folder in \Modules\. ZIP and attach them to your mail or copy and paste its unaltered content to you message.

Thomas

32 minutes ago, nigelkazanji said:

Could you kindly advise of any resolution to this issue please.

You posted th sae message last Saturday and I replied then. Please do not keep reposting the same question. Read the answers and respond to those instead!!