The simFlight Network Forums

FSX won't run after installing FSUIPC4

*** Moved from FSUIPC Client for .Net sub-forum ***

I have installed FSX, ran it and installed (as administrator)  FSUIPC4. Since than FSX won't run. The opening screen of FSX is only shown for about 10 sec. There is no warning what so ever.  When I remove FSUIPC4.DDL.(version 4.9.7.501) from the FSX modules map  FSX runs normaly. What can I do to fix this problem.

Edited by John Dowson
Moved to support forum

It could be due to a corrupt weather file. You can try adding the following line to the [General] section of your FSUIPC4.ini file to temporarily disable weather facilities:

NoWeatherAtAll=Yes

If it works with that, you have a corrupt weather file. The only way then to correct the issue is to delete the weather files (.WX) from your Flight Simulator X Files folder in your Documents, and the wxstationlist.bin from the same folder as the FSX.CFG file. The WX files are simply where FS saves the current weather with its Flights, and the WXstationList.bin file will be rebuilt on the next P3D load.

If thats not your issue, could you post your FSUIPC4.log and .ini files (from your Modules folder).

John

On 7/4/2020 at 12:56 PM, John Dowson said:

It could be due to a corrupt weather file. You can try adding the following line to the [General] section of your FSUIPC4.ini file to temporarily disable weather facilities:

NoWeatherAtAll=Yes

If it works with that, you have a corrupt weather file. The only way then to correct the issue is to delete the weather files (.WX) from your Flight Simulator X Files folder in your Documents, and the wxstationlist.bin from the same folder as the FSX.CFG file. The WX files are simply where FS saves the current weather with its Flights, and the WXstationList.bin file will be rebuilt on the next P3D load.

If thats not your issue, could you post your FSUIPC4.log and .ini files (from your Modules folder).

John

Dear John,

Thank for your reply.

I can't find the FSUIPC4.ini file. It is not in the FSX modules map. I also couldn't find it with search.

I also looked in the weather folder. I removed the wxstationlist.bin and wzmapping.bin  but that didn't solve the issue.

My Weather folder has two subfolders: clouds and themes.and three BIN files: icao pos.bin; wxstationlist.BIN and wxmapping .bin.

In non of these folders are any .WX files.

It looks to me that my FSX install is not correct. If jou agree I will reboot my computer and install FSX and FSUIPC again or did I look in the wrong folder(s)?

Thank for your support so far.

Dolf

7 minutes ago, Dolf Breederveld said:

I can't find the FSUIPC4.ini file. It is not in the FSX modules map. I also couldn't find it with search.

Thats strange. If it hasn't been created, then most likely FSX is crashing before FSUIPC is loaded.

8 minutes ago, Dolf Breederveld said:

I also looked in the weather folder. I removed the wxstationlist.bin and wzmapping.bin  but that didn't solve the issue.

You shouldn't remove the original as that is the one thats copied back - you need to remove the one from the same folder as the FSX.cfg file, as I said.

10 minutes ago, Dolf Breederveld said:

It looks to me that my FSX install is not correct.

Maybe, and probably FSUIPC as well. Your  install log file would help with this.

11 minutes ago, Dolf Breederveld said:

If jou agree I will reboot my computer and install FSX and FSUIPC again

Thats probably a good idea. Remember to run FSX at least once before attempting to install FSUIPC. Check or post your FSUIPC install log after you install. There should be a copy in the folder that contains the installer, as well as in your FSX Modules folder. You should also try running FSX again after you have installed FSUIPC, to see if your problem persists or if its starts correctly and you have FSUIPC in the Add-ons menu.

Cheers,

John

Dear John,

I have reinstalled windows 10. Installed FSX and ran it. There wasn't a FSX shortcut placed on my desktop like that didn't happen in the previous FSX installation.

Than I installed FSUIPC but stil the same issue.

Here is the FSUIPC installation log:

Installer for FSUIPC4.DLL version 4.975a

Looking in registry for FSX install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0

Parameter"SetupPath"

... >>>  OK! FOUND FSX!  <<< ...

SetupPath=C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\

Looking in registry for FSX-SE install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\DovetailGames\FSX

Parameter"Install_Path"

Not there, so looking in:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\DovetailGames\FSX

Parameter"AppPath"

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator - Steam Edition\10.0

Parameter"SetupPath"

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator - Steam Edition\10.0

Parameter"AppPath"

... NOT found! ...

Looking in registry for Prepar3D v1 install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LockheedMartin\Prepar3D

Parameter"SetupPath"

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\LockheedMartin\Prepar3D

Parameter"AppPath"

... NOT found! ...

Looking in registry for Prepar3D v2 install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2

Parameter"SetupPath"

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2

Parameter"AppPath"

... NOT found! ...

Looking in registry for Prepar3D v3 install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3

Parameter"SetupPath"

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3

Parameter"AppPath"

... NOT found! ...

===========================================================

INSTALLATION FOR FSX:

SetupPath="C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\"

Checking version of the FSX EXE:

... Version 10.0.60905.0  (Need at least 10.0.60905.0)

Checking compatibility with installed SimConnect:

Looking for SimConnect.dll with "C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\Fusion\*SimConnect*"

Looking for SimConnect.dll with "C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\*SimConnect*10.0.60905.0*"

Found the path, now trying "C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.flightsimulator.simconnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.60905.0_none_dd92b94d8a196297\SimConnect.dll"

Found SimConnect build 10.0.60905.0

Looking for SimConnect.dll with "C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\*SimConnect*10.0.62607.0*"

Looking for SimConnect.dll with "C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\*SimConnect*10.0.61242.0*"

Looking for SimConnect.dll with "C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\*SimConnect*10.0.61259.0*"

Checking if there's already a version of FSUIPC4 installed in:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.DLL

... No previous valid version found.

FSX Modules folder created okay!

Okay -- installed FSUIPC4 into "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.DLL"

Looking for the current user's Application Data path: 

... found as "C:\Users\fambr\AppData\Roaming"

Now finding \Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG for all users, including this one

Looking in "C:\Users\All Users\AppData\Roaming"

... No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Default\AppData\Roaming"

... No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Default User\AppData\Roaming"

... No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\fambr\AppData\Roaming"

Found FSX.CFG in "C:\Users\fambr\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG"

Now checking DLL.XML ...

... There is a previous DLL.XML, checking for FSUIPC4 section.

No previous FSUIPC4 entry found, so adding it now ...

... FSUIPC4 section of DLL.XML written okay

Now checking for a SimConnect.XML file ...

... No SimConnect.XML file found. This is okay.

Looking in "C:\Users\Public\AppData\Roaming"

... No FSX.CFG there

"Modules\FSUIPC Documents" folder created okay!

Now installing additional files into the "Modules\FSUIPC Documents" folder:

Installed "FSUIPC4 User Guide.pdf" okay

Installed "FSUIPC4 for Advanced Users.pdf" okay

Installed "FSUIPC4 History.pdf" okay

Installed "The 2016 List of FSX and P3D Controls.pdf" okay

Installed "FSUIPC Lua Library.pdf" okay

Installed "FSUIPC Lua Plug-Ins.pdf" okay

Installed "Lua License.pdf" okay

Installed "Lua Plugins for VRInsight Devices.pdf" okay

Installed "LuaFileSystem.pdf" okay

Installed "Example LUA plugins.zip" okay

Installed "ASN WX Radar facilities in FSUIPC4.pdf" okay

Installed "Offset Mapping for PMDG 737NGX.pdf" okay

Installed "Offset Mapping for PMDG 777X.pdf" okay

Installed "Offset Mapping for PMDG 747QOTSII.pdf" okay

Installed "FSUIPC4 Offsets Status.pdf" okay

Installed "Profiles in Separate Files.pdf" okay

Installed "FSUIPC4_Loader.dll" okay

===========================================================

All installer tasks completed.

Registration dialog exit: selected  FSUIPC REGISTER

Providing FSUIPC registration dialogue ...

Registration for FSUIPC4 was successful! (result code 00)

*************** End of Install Log ***************

I hope that you can find something out of it.

Thank again for your support.

Cheers,

Dolf

2 hours ago, Dolf Breederveld said:

Checking version of the FSX EXE:

... Version 10.0.60905.0  (Need at least 10.0.60905.0)

The biggest problem is that you are using the very first, very buggy, version of FSX.  You should update. The SP2 update fixed a lot of things and is free -- just download and install.

But questions first: 

In the FSX Modules folder are there some FSUIPC4 files apart from the Install log and FSUIPC4.DLL itself? There should be the log, the settings file (ini) and if you registered your key file containing your registration. Please check. If there is a Log please show that.

If there's no log or settings file and the FSUIPC menu isn't appearing, then FSUIPC isn't being loaded. In that case the file to see is the DLL.XML file. Now I see something very odd. You say you reinstalled Windows then FSX. But something created an DLL.XML file before you installed FSUIPC, which is odd. Did you install something else beforehand? The SDK or something?

Anyway, I fear the DLL.XML file may be corrupt. you can find it here:

C:\Users\fambr\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\DLL.XML

Paste its contents, as a text file, here, please.

But first I strongly recommend that you install the SP2 update (or at least the SP1 update!)

Oh, one last thing. I see you let FSX install into the worst place possible under Windows 10 (Win10 wasn't thought of back in 2005):

SetupPath=C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\

Under Windows 10, unless you turn off assorted Win10 protections, the Program Files folders are readable, but not writable unless you run your programs with administrative privileges. FSUIPC needs to be able to write the Log and Settings back to the Modules folder, so you will probably have to run FSX by right clicking and selecting "as administrator", or changing the compatibility setting in its Properties to do that.

Pete

Dear Pete and John,

I have re-installed FSX in a new folder out of programs files. I also installed SP1 and 2. FSX is now working fine so I think problem solved.

At first I was looking for the .ini file. That isn't there but there is a FSUIPC4 settings file. That is problaby what you meant.

Thanks (Pete and John) for your support. I can now continue building my 737 flightsim.

Greetings,

Dolf

32 minutes ago, Dolf Breederveld said:

At first I was looking for the .ini file. That isn't there but there is a FSUIPC4 settings file. That is problaby what you meant.

It is the ,INI file. The problem is that you have Windows Explorer hiding known filetypes from you (it thinks users are stupid). You should change that so you can see proper filenames! There are instructions to do this in the FSUIPC documentation.

Pete