The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC4 registration

I'm trying to install and register FSUIPC4. 

After install, I'm asked for Name, Email, FSUIPC4 key but also a WideFS Key which I don't have. I've tried leaving the WideFS box blank, putting in the FSUIPC4 key as well.

Can anyone help? There's nothing about this in the manual.

Cheers

2 hours ago, bwbriscoe said:

ORDER Number: 2440711

That looks fine. You are making a mistake somewhere.

Although John says to leave the WideFS registration blank, with the FSUIPC4 Installer you should not even see a place to enter the WideFS key. The first Registration window to appear will show 3 button selections: FSUIPC4, WideFS7 or Both. You can only select ONE of those. Just select FSUIPC4. 

Even if you select Both you will get two separate Windows then appearing, one for FSUIPC4 then a different one for WideFS7.

If you are seeing anything which allows you to enter details for both FSUIPC and WideFS on the same screen then you are running the wrong installer!

For registration all three fields -- Name, Email and Key, must be exactly correst, as shown in the registration details on SimMarket. Most occasions when folks get them wrong they are entering their name differently. best to cut and paste all three parts.

Pete

1 minute ago, bwbriscoe said:

I'm using the installer from SimMarket...

SimMarket have links to installers for all versions of FSUIPC, not just FSUIPC4. The one you need is

http://fsuipc.simflight.com/beta/FSUIPC4.zip

You can find correct installers and other software from us on fsuipc.com

Please read the Installation guide document found within the ZIP.

Pete

Now running the installer you sent, I'm getting all sorts of error messages:
"Can't find Prepar3D.exe"
"Run a later version of this software"

This is seriously over complicated and the sort of install process you'd expect from a piece of freeware, not software I've paid for.

5 minutes ago, bwbriscoe said:

It was the one and only file made available to me after buying

FSUIPC's link works whether you purchase or not. It isn't made available after buying, it is always available as many folks use FSUIPC in its free mode -- for supporting FSUIPC applications or WideFS.

If you were provided the wrong link in an email from SimMarket then I need to tackle Simmarket about that. You are the first person to report this so i can only assume they've changed something. Please can you send me the actual email you received -- send as Private Message (pm) or attached to an email to petedowsno@btconnect.com.

10 minutes ago, bwbriscoe said:

Now running the installer you sent, I'm getting all sorts of error messages:
"Can't find Prepar3D.exe"
"Run a later version of this software"

This is seriously over complicated and the sort of install process you'd expect from a piece of freeware, not software I've paid for.

Where are you seeing such messages? There's certainly no "run a later version..." message anywhere in the installer!

The process of installing is extremely simple, much more so than many add-ons these days. I'm really bemused about what you are doing. You have so far supplied very little information.

Are you trying to install for FSX or for P3D? Which version?

The Installer produces a Log file, "FSUIPC4 Install.log" in the folder in which you run it. Please show me that. You can cut-and-paste it into a message here.

Pete