The simFlight Network Forums

Joystick Button Problem - P3D v4.5HF3

I have been having a strange problem that I have now given up on after two days of various trials, un-installations, re-installations, repairs to files.

It all started two days ago when I was attempting to create a HotKey for a FlyBy view - well that just did not work and I was left with an issue.

The Gear Toggle button on my Logitech 3D-Pro is now causing a strange issue - after takeoff and I press the button, the gear comes up but then some of my other button settings do not work. After extensive investigation I am convinced that there is a problem with the joystick button/FSUIPC.  I thought maybe I should re-install my FSUIPC5 but then I saw there was a new update for FSUIPC6, so I purchased that and installed it.  The result was the same.  I just now changed the to a different button on my joystick for the Gear Toggle and I do not have the issue that I have with the previous button.

I am attaching three files as I am not sure what you may need to look at.  I have noticed that the ini files for JoyNames for both FSUIPC5 and FSUIPC6 have a << Missing Joystick >> notation.

Regards,

Dane

FSUIPC6.ini FSUIPC6.JoyScan.csv FSUIPC6.log

6 hours ago, John Dowson said:

Hi Dane,

looks like your devices GUIDs have changed for some reason - have you had a windows update or re-install?

Anyway, can you try the attached ini: FSUIPC6.ini

I have tried to keep most of your settings, but you should review them.

Cheers,

John

Thank you John for your very quick response.

I will check everything out later today and let you know.

Regards,

Dane

13 hours ago, danewatson said:

Thank you John for your very quick response.

I will check everything out later today and let you know.

Regards,

Dane

Well John - this has been a terribly frustrating four days with this issue.

I took what you sent me and added/edited the various buttons that needed to be in - the results were the same.

I then tried many other things - nothing works.  I even removed all the button entries and started from the beginning - nothing works.

So I put the Gear Toggle back into the default P3D Controls - it works fine.  There must be something in FSUIPC that when the Gear Toggle is called, the gear works but then that triggers other items not to work.

Not sure what to do as I really do not want to use the default P3D Controls - if you have any other thoughts I would appreciate hearing back from you.

Also one other thing, this week I purchased the FSUIPC6 (as you already know) but I cannot use it as my elevator and aileron controls won't stop dancing - they have unbelievable shaking, so I removed FSUIPC6 and went back to FSUIPC5.  Is there a fix for this shaking?

Regards,

Dane

5 hours ago, danewatson said:

I took what you sent me and added/edited the various buttons that needed to be in - the results were the same

Didn't you just try it as it was first? I left all your settings, just removed the duplicates. There is only one setting in the ini not assigned to a controller, which was this one:
        1=P0,8,C66506,14401     -{PANEL_ID_TOGGLE}-

I then tried many other things - nothing works.  I even removed all the button entries and started from the beginning - nothing works.

What do you mean 'nothing works'? From the log file you posted, I can see your buttons being pressed and the controls sent (although this was with your original ini), e.g:

152781 [Buttons] 47=R2,3,C65615,0
   152781 Repeating flag set: bRef=0, Joy=2, Btn=3 (RepeatDelayCtr=1)
   152781 FS Control Sent: Ctrl=65615, Param=0 ELEV_TRIM_UP
   152781 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 65615 (0x0001004f), Param= 0 (0x00000000) ELEV_TRIM_UP

There must be something in FSUIPC that when the Gear Toggle is called, the gear works but then that triggers other items not to work.

No, this is not possible. I am sure many people use FSUIPC gear toggle over the years (including me!) and this would surly have been reported before if it was an issue. Your problem lies elsewhere. I also confused by this, as you previously said 'nothing works', whereas this implies things were working until you applied the gear toggle. Which is it?

Also one other thing, this week I purchased the FSUIPC6 (as you already know) but I cannot use it as my elevator and aileron controls won't stop dancing - they have unbelievable shaking, so I removed FSUIPC6 and went back to FSUIPC5.  Is there a fix for this shaking?

There is no difference between FSUIPC5 and FSUIPC6 in this area.Check that you have controllers disabled (in both sims).

I also see that you are auto-starting a lua file relating to your gears:
     141672 LUA.0: beginning "C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Modules\Get_Gear_Height.lua"
Try removing this for the time being.. 

So, I suggest you try the following:
   - remove the auto-start of the lua
   - remove all FSUIPC logging except 'Events (non-axis controls)' and 'buttons and switches'
   - check various button assignments using a default aircraft
   - let me know of any issues and re-post your .log and .ini

John

P.S. If your issue is related to the auto-started lua, it could be related to the problem reported in this thread. You could download and try the dll posted there - forget this for now. The fix there is for lua key events, not buttons.

Edited by John Dowson
Further info added

8 hours ago, John Dowson said:

Didn't you just try it as it was first? I left all your settings, just removed the duplicates. There is only one setting in the ini not assigned to a controller, which was this one:

What do you mean 'nothing works'? From the log file you posted, I can see your buttons being pressed and the controls sent (although this was with your original ini)

, e.g:

152781 [Buttons] 47=R2,3,C65615,0
   152781 Repeating flag set: bRef=0, Joy=2, Btn=3 (RepeatDelayCtr=1)
   152781 FS Control Sent: Ctrl=65615, Param=0 ELEV_TRIM_UP
   152781 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 65615 (0x0001004f), Param= 0 (0x00000000) ELEV_TRIM_UP

No, this is not possible. I am sure many people use FSUIPC gear toggle over the years (including me!) and this would surly have been reported before if it was an issue. Your problem lies elsewhere. I also confused by this, as you previously said 'nothing works', whereas this implies things were working until you applied the gear toggle. Which is it?

There is no difference between FSUIPC5 and FSUIPC6 in this area.Check that you have controllers disabled (in both sims).

I also see that you are auto-starting a lua file relating to your gears:
     141672 LUA.0: beginning "C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Modules\Get_Gear_Height.lua"
Try removing this for the time being.. 

- remove all FSUIPC logging except 'Events (non-axis controls)' and 'buttons and switches'

John

P.S. If your issue is related to the auto-started lua, it could be related to the problem reported in this thread. You could download and try the dll posted there - forget this for now. The fix there is for lua key events, not buttons.

What do you mean 'nothing works'? From the log file you posted, I can see your buttons being pressed and the controls sent (although this was with your original ini), e.g:

John - my apologies for what was obviously the wrong words used (nothing works).  What I meant to say was everything I tried gave me the same negative results.

Yes I did try it first but I had the issue with the ailerons and elevator jittering in FSUIPC6 and was not able to fix that (but I will get back to that issue next).

John - now the great news is - I checked to make sure all the axis', buttons and switches were Ok (I had to re-enter about three).

I then removed the lua from the Gear Toggle action - and the problem went away.  The strange thing is that I have been using that lua action for about six months and it was OK.  All of my issues started when I tried to create a Hot Key for a FlyBy action.  Anyway all is good now.

I want to thank you so very much for your patience and help.  I am attaching the two files you wanted me to attach.

Regards and keep safe,

Dane

FSUIPC5.ini FSUIPC5.log

1 hour ago, danewatson said:

I then removed the lua from the Gear Toggle action - and the problem went away.  The strange thing is that I have been using that lua action for about six months and it was OK.

Could you post that lua so I can take a look? We have recently identified a problem with lua scripts using key events that came to light in v6.0.9 due to an addition we made to trap lua key events (although the problem also exists in FSUIPC5). There is a temporary workaround in that post I referenced in the (striked-through) PS I added, but we'll release a full fix in v6.0.10 in the coming days, so you may want to try that script again after this release.

In the mean-time you can also try the dll in that post to see if it works until the final v6.0.10 is released. I may roll the fix for this back into FSUIPC5, but this won't be for a while due to other pressing issues.

I am attaching the two files you wanted me to attach.

Thanks, but not needed if your problem is solved.

Is your axes "jittering" still present in FSUIPC6?

Cheers,

John

8 hours ago, John Dowson said:

Could you post that lua so I can take a look? We have recently identified a problem with lua scripts using key events that came to light in v6.0.9 due to an addition we made to trap lua key events (although the problem also exists in FSUIPC5). There is a temporary workaround in that post I referenced in the (striked-through) PS I added, but we'll release a full fix in v6.0.10 in the coming days, so you may want to try that script again after this release.

In the mean-time you can also try the dll in that post to see if it works until the final v6.0.10 is released. I may roll the fix for this back into FSUIPC5, but this won't be for a while due to other pressing issues.

Thanks, but not needed if your problem is solved.

Is your axes "jittering" still present in FSUIPC6?

Cheers,

John

Greetings John,

First let me say that I am now running with FSUIPC6 with no jitters.

I also put back in the lua command in my Gear Toggle button and to my surprise everything is working very well with no issues at all.

Here is a link to a simFlight Network Forum talking about the lua script - it is dated back in 2018 - 

I am also attaching the zip file for ApproachCallOut

EDIT:

The lua file only works in FSUIPC5.  In FSUIPC6 it causes a conflict so cannot be used in FSUIPC6

Regards,

Dane.

approachcalloutFiles.zip

Edited by danewatson
Added a notation in EDIT

Hi John, I installed the new dll that you referenced and it did the job - seems that whatever you did has fixed this lua issue.

Dane