The simFlight Network Forums

FSX commands list

Hello Gentlemen

Old FS user but dummy at programming and lousy at using windows, I built my 737 cockpit step by step with a lot of wood and some USB MODULES. 

For my overhead, it was a fake one made with translucent acrylic, a real size photoprint sticked on it and lots of switches. Following some friend’s advice  I decided to make it real by  wiring a Leo Bodnar card and assigning switches with FSUIPC. I meet a problem because I cannot match some switches in the default FSX 737  corresponds to which switch in the long fsx function scroll-down list. Is this list available somewhere ?

Second problem, some functions need an “ON/OFF“ action to get switched  on, and a second « ON/OFF“ action to switch off. How can I make the switch toggle make the function toggle ?

Any advice to light my lamp ? Thanks in advance

Georges

9 hours ago, Georges ELANDALOUSSI said:

For my overhead, it was a fake one made with translucent acrylic, a real size photoprint sticked on it and lots of switches. Following some friend’s advice  I decided to make it real by  wiring a Leo Bodnar card and assigning switches with FSUIPC. I meet a problem because I cannot match some switches in the default FSX 737  corresponds to which switch in the long fsx function scroll-down list. Is this list available somewhere ?

Note that some switches in the default 737 don't really do anything as they are for subsystems which aren't implemented.

All FSX controls assignable in FSUIPC are listed in the document saying it's a list of controls in your FSUIPC documents folder. Have you looked?

Note also that the control name assigned by Microsoft is often not the name you would see on the cockpit. You have to use some intelligence to work some out. One way is to enable FSUIPC Event logging, and the Console Log (so you can see results on screen immediately), then operate each switch, button and knob in turn and see what control is generated.

9 hours ago, Georges ELANDALOUSSI said:

Second problem, some functions need an “ON/OFF“ action to get switched  on, and a second « ON/OFF“ action to switch off. How can I make the switch toggle make the function toggle ?

I don't know any like that (though I admit I've never used the default 737 with cockpit controls, only Project Magenta and ProSim models), but you can assign to both press and release for any button or switch, and you can have multiple actions on either by editing the settings in the FSUIPC4 INI file -- as described in the Advanced Users document.

Pete

Hi,

Some things you might check, if you have an ON/OFF switch but only found a toggle command in the command list:

• Check, if there is an corresponding offset available, which you could use to invoke set/clear instead toggling
  • If the offset is read-only, you might consider offset conditions in your button programming
  • Check if there are Lvars available in the specific plane, which you could use to set/clear the respective switch
  • If nothing else worked, you could check, if there are distinct click spots available in the gauge for on/off. Or if on/off is triggered by different mouse buttons. In that case you could use mouse macros, if the gauge is supporting it.

A good starting point is also to check, if there is a LINDA module available for that specific plane. Maybe you get there a hint, how to operate the specific switch.

Rgds
Reinhard