The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC does not recognise all controller cards

4 hours ago, Sergio_ said:

Here are the new ini, without reboot, and the new Log with more details.

So the actual devices you have are:

1 x Alpha Flight Controls
2 x UnoJoy_Throttle
1 x B737
1 x MFG Crosswind V2

Right? And in the last set of files you submitted these were recognised and assigned:

2 x Alpha Flight Controls
2 x UnoJoy Throttle

which means on that occasion you lost both the B737 and the Crosswind and gained a "ghost" Alpha Flight Control! All because of Windows apparently repetitively assigning new GUIDs which copy existing ones.

I think there must be a load of entries in the Registry for each of those devices and which entry gets assigned is almost pot luck.

Not sure what the "more details" were intended to be in the Log, but there's nothing useful there.  For some reason you are running a plugin called "comtest.lua" and have Lua log/trace enabled.

Next step would be to get the log with that extra logging i mentioned so I can give you instructions on cleaning this stuff in the Registry.

Pete

7 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

So the actual devices you have are:

1 x Alpha Flight Controls
2 x UnoJoy_Throttle
1 x B737
1 x MFG Crosswind V2

Yes, right.

7 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

what the "more details" were intended to be in the Log, but there's nothing useful there.  For some reason you are running a plugin called "comtest.lua" and have Lua log/trace enabled.

Next step would be to get the log with that extra logging i mentioned so I can give you instructions on cleaning this stuff in the Registry.

Pete

I adderd this to the INI file, as you said.

Debug=Please
LogExtras=x200000

What should I do next? Just run the Sim?

Edited by Sergio_

Save the following in a text file named "FixMyJoys.reg".

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[-HKCU\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\DirectInput\VID_294B&PID_1900]
[-HKCU\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM\VID_294B&PID_1900]

[-HKCU\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\DirectInput\VID_16D0&PID_0A38]
[-HKCU\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM\VID_16D0&PID_0A38]

[-HKCU\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\DirectInput\VID_10C4&PID_82C0]
[-HKCU\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM\VID_10C4&PID_82C0]

[-HKCU\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\DirectInput\VID_8807&PID_8807]
[-HKCU\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM\VID_8807&PID_8807]

[-HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\DirectInput\VID_294B&PID_1900]
[-HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM\VID_294B&PID_1900]

[-HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\DirectInput\VID_16D0&PID_0A38]
[-HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM\VID_16D0&PID_0A38]

[-HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\DirectInput\VID_10C4&PID_82C0]
[-HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM\VID_10C4&PID_82C0]

[-HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\DirectInput\VID_8807&PID_8807]
[-HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM\VID_8807&PID_8807]

Now this should in no way do harm to your system -- it is just deleting your joystick device entries from the Registry. however, before editing the registry at all i always play safe and do a Windows backup (the Window backup and restore facility in Windows Settings or Control Panel).

Unplug your devices.

Then run the .reg file you just created by right-click and selecting "run as administrator".

Now power off. Plug your devices back in, and start the PC again.

This should give you a clean registry with your devices properly registered.

Pete

Well, it is and remains a strange story. Except for the 'service panel' Pokey card everything works fine. Fortunately there are no important functions connected to this card that have to be controlled by FSUIPC and I can continue for the time being.
I also wish Sergio a lot of strength in solving his problem.
I will continue to follow this conversation but I have now received sufficient assistance.

Thanks for your help Pete! 👍

Fokke