The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC does not recognise all controller cards

After a computer upgrade and a new installation of P3d 4.5 and FSUIPC 5.157, not all USB controller cards are recognized by FSUIPC.
Most cards do exist in the .INI file and the joystick.csv file but cannot be programmed in FSUIPC.
When I go to the key assignment of P3d, I can set the buttons but this does not want in FSUIPC. The USB cards are therefore recognized by P3d but not by FSUIPC. Am I doing something wrong or is there something wrong with the hardware / software?

I hope you can help me.

Thanks in advanced.

FSUIPC5 Install.log FSUIPC5.ini FSUIPC5.JoyScan.csv

30 minutes ago, stoelwinder said:

After a computer upgrade and a new installation of P3d 4.5 and FSUIPC 5.157, not all USB controller cards are recognized by FSUIPC.
Most cards do exist in the .INI file and the joystick.csv file but cannot be programmed in FSUIPC.
When I go to the key assignment of P3d, I can set the buttons but this does not want in FSUIPC. The USB cards are therefore recognized by P3d but not by FSUIPC. Am I doing something wrong or is there something wrong with the hardware / software?

The JoyScan shows a very strange Registry mess with your devices. It lists these:

13 "Glareshield-API" devices
1 Saitek Yoke
2 Saitek Rudders
2 "CptSidePanel" devices
2 Throttle quadrant USB

Worse, two of the "Glareshield-API" devices have exactly the same GUIDs as the Throttle Quadrants! That should be impossible (GUIDs are guaranteed to be unique), so it certainly indicates a messed up Registry.   Do I assume the "computer upgrade did not include a fresh install of windows? Otherwise how on earth have things got so messed up?

I think you may need to do some serious "cleaning".  But first, can you tell me what you actually have connected? And which one(s) can't you program -- all or just some or just one? And by "cannot be programmed" do you mean the buttons and switches give no reaction in the Button & Switches tab and/or the axes give no reaction in the axis assignments tab? Or what?

Also, next time, please also show the FSUIPC log file. Not the Installer log -- that's only for investigating installation problems.

Pete

Dear Pete,

I have a similar problem as stoelwinder.

I purchased the new A320 sidestick and installed it as per instruction. I found out that the windows game controller is working well.

I can see the buttons, switches and the "hat" moving.

I could also make functions work using my Arcaze offsets and the Arcaze controller. For example, I could switch off the Auto pilot with the

related switch at the side stick.

I wanted to make functions work using your fsuipc offsets. For example view to the left, ricght and center, using the "hat".

This did not work. As a matter of fact, none of the buttons and switches worked when I wanted to activate them throgh the fsuipc control window

"buttons and switches".

You need to know that in FSX, I switched off the controller, because I am using jeehell to simulate the A320.

Previously, I used the thrust master side stick and all of the buttons and switches were active and could be used.

Thrust master tells me that as soon as their side stick is recognized in the windows controller, their job is done. Everything else I should discuss

with the supplier of the game. So here I am and start the next conversation to find out what I have to do make this side stick as functional as the old one.

Thanks a lot fo your help

Fritz Lambinet

2 hours ago, flambinet said:

So here I am and start the next conversation to find out what I have to do make this side stick as functional as the old one.

The first step is to supply some actual information!  From the Modules folder the FSUIPC INI, LOG and Joyscan files to start with.

Pete

19 hours ago, flambinet said:

I purchased the new A320 sidestick and installed it as per instruction. I found out that the windows game controller is working well.

Which of the 16 devices registered in FSUIPC is your A320 sidestick?  You may have more than 16 USB joysticks connected, which is more than FSUIPC is designed to deal with! 

Here are the ID assignments, with 2 rudders, 13 devices called "OVH 11", and one "T.A320 Pilot". The rudders and "pilot" are by Thrustmster and the OVH 11 devices all by "Simple Solutions".

[JoyNames]
AutoAssignLetters=No
0=T-Rudder
0.GUID={B3C82B00-B7CD-11EA-8001-444553540000}
1=T-Rudder
1.GUID={B75EFDB0-8646-11EA-8003-444553540000}
2=OVH 11
2.GUID={B75EFDB0-8646-11EA-8004-444553540000}
3=OVH 11
3.GUID={B75EFDB0-8646-11EA-8005-444553540000}
4=OVH 11
4.GUID={B75EFDB0-8646-11EA-8006-444553540000}
5=OVH 11
5.GUID={B75EFDB0-8646-11EA-8007-444553540000}
6=OVH 11
6.GUID={B76147A0-8646-11EA-8008-444553540000}
7=OVH 11
7.GUID={B76147A0-8646-11EA-8009-444553540000}
8=OVH 11
8.GUID={B76147A0-8646-11EA-800A-444553540000}
9=OVH 11
9.GUID={B76147A0-8646-11EA-800B-444553540000}
10=OVH 11
10.GUID={B76147A0-8646-11EA-800C-444553540000}
11=OVH 11
11.GUID={B76147A0-8646-11EA-800D-444553540000}
12=OVH 11
12.GUID={B7623200-8646-11EA-8011-444553540000}
13=OVH 11
13.GUID={B7623200-8646-11EA-8012-444553540000}
14=OVH 11
14.GUID={B7623200-8646-11EA-8013-444553540000}
15=T.A320 Pilot
15.GUID={B7623200-8646-11EA-8014-444553540000}

Dear Pete,

thank you for looking.

Physically, I have installed 8 Arcazes (simple solution OVH11) and 5 Arduino Mega.

In addition, I  have 1 set of rudder pedals T-Rudder and the T.a320 Pilot (side stick)

The last one is the one that is concerned and where I have problems to use FSUIPC

to assign functions to buttons and switches.

I can see your point about the different physically available devices and their number listed

in the log file. I would be happy to receive some instructions how to clean up the log file.

Thanks a lot for your help

Fritz Lambinet

FSUIPC4 flambinet.zip

1 hour ago, flambinet said:

Physically, I have installed 8 Arcazes (simple solution OVH11) and 5 Arduino Mega.

Maybe some of those OVH11 devices have two USB identities?  The Registry has GUIDs for 15 Simple Solutions devices, but it seems mixed up about the name: ECAM 2, OVH11, New, and wcamgr are all the different names which appear to be recorded, though they all have the same Vendor and Product IDs.

Oddly, 13 of them are listed as having 32 buttons each but R, X, Y and Z axes with a range of only 0-3!  The other 2 have a more reasonable range of 0-127 on all axes R U V X Y and Z.Can all this be true? I just cannot imagine what your cockpit is like with so many button, switches and axes?

The Arduino's are serial port devices, so don't come into this.

In addition, I  have 1 set of rudder pedals T-Rudder

There must be errors in the Registry then, because you have two sets recorded. And their assigned IDs in the Registry clash with IDs assigned to two of your "OVH 11" devices

and the T.a320 Pilot (side stick)

The last one is the one that is concerned and where I have problems to use FSUIPC

Oddly, that one is about the only one which doesn't appear to have a weird entry. It should be usable easily as Joy 15.

I think the Registry for your devices has got into a mess. Here are the steps I would recommend:

1. Replace the complete [JoyNames] section in your FSUIPC4.INI file with just this:

[JoyNames]
AutoAssignLetters=Yes

So far you haven't made many assignments to any devices, but be prepared to make them again as the numbers may change (probably will), and now you'll see letters instead.

2. Now use the Windows Device Manager or Settings and remove all those devices. If the option to remove their drivers too, agree and let it happen. You may need to repeat this several times for the multiple entries looking the same.

3. Unplug all those USB devices.

4. Reboot the PC.

5. Start the sim, then when it is all ready, plug the devices back in,  one at a time, leaving the Simple Solutions ones till last, and checking access each time in FSUIPC.  

If there's still a problem, please supply those three files again.

The more drastic solution is Registry Editing, which it may come to. But let's see.

Pete

3 hours ago, flambinet said:

I guess I have to reassign all my buttons and switches after that exercise??

Yes, but according to your INI file you only have 14 button assignments (most of those for COM Radio), and two axis assignments (oddly both to the rudder), neither calibrated. So there's really very little to re-do, especially considering how many Joystick devices you appear to have -- hundreds of  buttons and dozens of axes!

Pete

Dear Pete,

thank you so much for all your observations, remarks and recommendations and instructions.

Just to clarify. Ihave installed:

1. Rudder Pedals from Thrustmaster, plug and play, called T Rudder.

There are two functions used: Rudder and Brakes

2. I have 8 Arcazes installed from Simple Solutions.

I am controlling app. 150 - 200 buttons and switches with them. And a number of LED outputs

I am also controlling 4 analog devices - 2 throttle levers, spoilers and flaps. 3 with glare 1, 1 with glare2

3. I have 5 Arduino MEGA installed.

With them I am controlling app. 50 buttons and switches, some LED outputs and all of my 7 segment displays.

4. I have installed the new T.a320 sidestick from thrustmaster that creates the problem.

I can see all buttons reacting in the windoes controller, but not in the fsuipc controller.

It is the same situation when I switch on or off the controller in FSX / option / controllers

So everything is working well except this new side stick.

With that in mind I was wondering ... "never change a running system ..."

But if you think that this file desparately needs a clean up, I could go through the exercise.

I guess the file was messed  up so much, because recently, I had a Windows 10 crash and had to rebuild

everything base od the back ups that I had.

Would another option be to delete the modules folder and let it get created by a new fsuipc download?

Again, thank you very much for your time to help me.

Attached is a little picture of my cockpit.

Best Regads

Fritz Lambinet

IMG_20200608_175016.jpg

54 minutes ago, flambinet said:

2. I have 8 Arcazes installed from Simple Solutions.

I am controlling app. 150 - 200 buttons and switches with them. And a number of LED outputs

I am also controlling 4 analog devices - 2 throttle levers, spoilers and flaps. 3 with glare 1, 1 with glare2

3. I have 5 Arduino MEGA installed.

With them I am controlling app. 50 buttons and switches, some LED outputs and all of my 7 segment displays.

But none of those are assigned in FSUIPC, according to your settings.  It is not recommended to mix assignments in FSUIPC and FSX. You should do everything in one place, so if all those assignments you mention are in the Sim, then make your new assignments there too.

57 minutes ago, flambinet said:

4. I have installed the new T.a320 sidestick from thrustmaster that creates the problem.

I can see all buttons reacting in the windoes controller, but not in the fsuipc controller.

It is the same situation when I switch on or off the controller in FSX / option / controllers

So everything is working well except this new side stick.

Yes, this is the problem you stated at the start. And it seems to be due to there appearing to be more than 16 joystick devices connected (the maximum FSUIPC can cope with), and an apparent corruption in the Registry, which FSUIPC depends upon for its information on devices.

However, since you are obviously happy with all the assignments and connections you made in FSX, not in FSUIPC, why are you now wanting to assign things for your new added control in FSUIPC instead?

You either need to take the drastic steps to fix the registry issues, as I suggested, or simply continue to make all your assignments in FSX instead of FSUIPC.

1 hour ago, flambinet said:

Would another option be to delete the modules folder and let it get created by a new fsuipc download?

The only thing that would do is start you off with default settings, which yo could do by simply deleting the FSUIPC4.INI file instead.

Pete

Hi Pete,
Sorry it took me so long to provide you with the information you need. First I had to sort things out here at home before I got back to the sim. My apologies again.
After reading the other comments, I've been cleaning up the registry clutter.

20 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

2. Now use the Windows Device Manager or Settings and remove all those devices. If the option to remove their drivers too, agree and let it happen. You may need to repeat this several times for the multiple entries looking the same.

4. Reboot the PC.

5. Start the sim, then when it is all ready, plug the devices back in,  one at a time, leaving the Simple Solutions ones till last, and checking access each time in FSUIPC.  

This did not go smoothly and took quite some time. Fortunately, it did improve because a number of errors were fixed.

Info about my system:
I did a clean install of Windows 10 and then installed P3d 4.5 and FSUIPC.
The hardware I use consists of; Saitek Yoke, USB throttle and rudder pedal. I also use five USB PoKeys cards to operate various push buttons and switches. I have these PoKeys, by means of given the software, a name and PID to better identify them.
Glareshield - AP1; PID = 1002
Glareshield - AP2; PID = 1003
Pedestal; PID = 1004
Service panel; PID = 1005
CptSidePanel; PID = 1006

All cards are recognized by windows. P3d also recognizes the cards and shows them in the menu 'options \ controls'. Here I can also assign buttons to certain functions except for the 'Service panel' card. This card is recognized, but no buttons can be assigned. This also applies to assigning buttons in FSUIPC. (I get that, because if it doesn't work in P3d, it doesn't work in FSUIPC either, right?)

I hope I have given you enough information with this. If this is not the case, I would like to send you more.

As a thank you for your commitment and help with this annoying problem. I really appreciate this!

FSUIPC5.1.log FSUIPC5.ini FSUIPC5.JoyScan.csv FSUIPC5.log

2 hours ago, stoelwinder said:

All cards are recognized by windows. P3d also recognizes the cards and shows them in the menu 'options \ controls'. Here I can also assign buttons to certain functions except for the 'Service panel' card. This card is recognized, but no buttons can be assigned. This also applies to assigning buttons in FSUIPC. (I get that, because if it doesn't work in P3d, it doesn't work in FSUIPC either, right?)

All of the files show all your devices correctly recognised and assigned unique IDs 0-7, with the Service Panel as ID 5.  Its details show:

Btns=32, POVs=(0, 0, 0, 0), Cal=x00000000, Max=R0,U4095,V4095,X4095,Y4095,Z4095

the same as the other PoKeys panels. So it certainly looks as if it all should work.

Currently, according to the log, you have controllers enabled in P3D, in RAW mode. Are you saying P3D doesn't even see the buttons in RAW mode? FSUIPC uses the higher level DirectInput mode. If Raw mode gives nothing then DirectInput has no chance!

I see you don't have any buttons or axes assigned in FSUIPC, but there are Lua files relating to each of the named Pokeys cards, plus:

9=pokeys131
10=pokeys132
11=pokeys133
12=pokeys134

Odd that there are only 4 of these. I don't know what function they perform,  but something's a bit asymmetric about it. Shouldn't there be 5?

Sorry, but i really know nothing about "PoKeys".

Pete

I have similar Problem with FSUIPC6 and P3Dv5.

I have 5 devices, but one of them is always not recognized by FSUIPC, I think this is the one with the highest ID.

I tried averything in the last couple of weeks, but I can't get it to work.

The last thing I tried was these steps you mentioned earlier:

-------------------------

1. Replace the complete [JoyNames] section in your FSUIPC4.INI file with just this:

[JoyNames]
AutoAssignLetters=Yes

So far you haven't made many assignments to any devices, but be prepared to make them again as the numbers may change (probably will), and now you'll see letters instead.

4. Reboot the PC.

If there's still a problem, please supply those three files again.

The more drastic solution is Registry Editing, which it may come to. But let's see.

---------------------

After that, all devices was recognized by FSUIPC, but after the windows reboot, one is missing again.

They are all listed in the FSUIPS.ini but one is not warking when I try to calibrate it in FSUIPC.

Here are the 3 Files you need, in a .zip

Hope for some help,

Best regards

Sergej

FSUIPC.zip

Edited by Sergio_

4 hours ago, Sergio_ said:

After that, all devices was recognized by FSUIPC, but after the windows reboot, one is missing again.

They are all listed in the FSUIPS.ini but one is not warking when I try to calibrate it in FSUIPC.

Which one? Or it is a different one each time you re-boot Windows?

I can see one really BIG problem. Two pairs of devices have EXACTLY the same GUID:

UnoJoy_Throttle   ID=3         {3F0557C0-20F2-11E9-8001-444553540000}
Alpha Flight Controls ID=3   {3F0557C0-20F2-11E9-8001-444553540000}

and

UnoJoy_Throttle  ID=0           {7BFCBC30-96D6-11EA-8001-444553540000}
Alpha Flight Controls ID=0    {7BFCBC30-96D6-11EA-8001-444553540000}

They have the same ID because they have identical GUIDs! 

According to Microsoft, this cannot possibly happen! The GUIDs are assigned by Windows, FSUIPC can't do anything about them, but they are the one essential link which enableds FSUIPC to open the channel to receive input.

When you followed those steps, are you sure you did step 2 thoroughly, until there was no trace of these devices left at all? 

I suggest doing that again, perhaps just for one of them, and see if Windows assigned new GUIDs. If not it will come down to Registry Editing, not a pleasant task.

Incidentally, it appears as if you didn't use Step 1 at all -- your INI shows devices A, B, C, and D "missing" and the devices which got added start from letter E. That cannot happen if there were no entries in that section beforehand, as the program always starts from 'A' when assigning automatically.

With Step 1 not followed, and step 2 being suspect because of the GUIDs, I think you need to re-check what you actually did and maybe do it all again. Do NOT do any of it with the Sim running!!

Pete

On 8/8/2020 at 6:25 PM, Pete Dowson said:

All of the files show all your devices correctly recognised and assigned unique IDs 0-7, with the Service Panel as ID 5.  Its details show:

Btns=32, POVs=(0, 0, 0, 0), Cal=x00000000, Max=R0,U4095,V4095,X4095,Y4095,Z4095

the same as the other PoKeys panels. So it certainly looks as if it all should work.

Yes, I would think so too, but the pokeyscard called 'service panel' doesn't work like the other cards do. The card is recognized by P3d, but I cannot assign buttons. Very strange.

I see you don't have any buttons or axes assigned in FSUIPC, but there are Lua files relating to each of the named Pokeys cards, plus:

9=pokeys131
10=pokeys132
11=pokeys133
12=pokeys134

Odd that there are only 4 of these. I don't know what function they perform,  but something's a bit asymmetric about it. Shouldn't there be 5?

These are network cards that I use on the overhead and do not participate in programming within FSUIPC. The various functions are programmed with LUA.

Sorry, but i really know nothing about "PoKeys".

They are actually just like Leo Bodnar cards, but more extensive. You can determine yourself which connection is input or output and there are more options for connecting LEDs and servos, for example. Let's say an all-in-one card.

Kind regards,

Fokke

P3d controls.jpg

Ok Pete, I did everything again, step by step, I deinstalled all the HID devices in the Device Manager, and all the drivers and it's the same.

As long as I don't reboot, all controllers are recognized, after the first reboot, one is missing again.

Do you know, where the HID Devices are placed in the registry? Maybe I can delete them manually.

I ran Windows 10.

I attached the new ini files.

FSUIPC.zip

1 hour ago, Sergio_ said:

As long as I don't reboot, all controllers are recognized, after the first reboot, one is missing again.

It would be interesting to see the files before the re-boot so we can see exactly which one changed its GUID.

In the new files you provided things are slightly different -- the second pair with identical GUIDs is with "B737" instead of the Crosswind:

MFG Crosswind V2      ID=4        {9EEBEF20-B521-11E7-8001-444553540000}
Alpha Flight Controls   ID=4        {9EEBEF20-B521-11E7-8001-444553540000},

B737                                 ID=0        {7BFCBC30-96D6-11EA-8001-444553540000}
Alpha Flight Controls   ID=0        {7BFCBC30-96D6-11EA-8001-444553540000}

The common factor in this is, then, "Alpha Flight Controls". Very odd that Windows keep re-assigning it AND gives it the same GUID as something else.

1 hour ago, Sergio_ said:

Do you know, where the HID Devices are placed in the registry? Maybe I can delete them manually.

I can provide detailed instructions, or even a little .REG file to remove them automatically, if you get me a log with more details. To do this add these lines to the [General] section of the INI file:

Debug=Please
LogExtras=x200000

The log will then give me the full pathnames in the registry.

Pete

2 hours ago, stoelwinder said:

They are actually just like Leo Bodnar cards, but more extensive.

I use several Bodnar BU0836 cards without problem, but not as many on one PC. I have read of problems with more than a few (can't remember number -- something like 50 such cards connected to ProSim. I don't recall if those problems were ever solved.

If neither FSUIPC nor P3D can read the buttons on this card I can only think its a problem with Windows itself. Not sure how you can work around that -- unless you have a Networked PC and can connect it there and use WideFS to connect buttons to FSUIPC.

Pete

6 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

It would be interesting to see the files before the re-boot so we can see exactly which one changed its GUID.

In the new files you provided things are slightly different -- the second pair with identical GUIDs is with "B737" instead of the Crosswind:

MFG Crosswind V2      ID=4        {9EEBEF20-B521-11E7-8001-444553540000}
Alpha Flight Controls   ID=4        {9EEBEF20-B521-11E7-8001-444553540000},

B737                                 ID=0        {7BFCBC30-96D6-11EA-8001-444553540000}
Alpha Flight Controls   ID=0        {7BFCBC30-96D6-11EA-8001-444553540000}

The common factor in this is, then, "Alpha Flight Controls". Very odd that Windows keep re-assigning it AND gives it the same GUID as something else.

I can provide detailed instructions, or even a little .REG file to remove them automatically, if you get me a log with more details. To do this add these lines to the [General] section of the INI file:

Debug=Please
LogExtras=x200000

The log will then give me the full pathnames in the registry.

Pete

Ok, deinstalled them all again, and connected one by one, all devices are recognized by FSUIPC, didn't reboot yet.

Here are the new ini, without reboot, and the new Log with more details.

Greets

Sergej

FSUIPC6.rar