The simFlight Network Forums

Installation question

speedbird144

Good day all.

I am a bit confused with the process how to install v7. Need some clarification please.

1. "copy the FSUIPC7.exe and FSUIPC7.key files to this folder (or simply move the FSUIPC7 folder created when you unzip to the required location".  What is required location in MSFS2020? 

2. "If you have previously used FSUIPC, you can also copy and rename your FSUIPC4/5/6.ini file to the FSUIPC7 installation folder as FSUIPC7.ini, and aksi remember to copy any other auxiliary
files or folders you may use (.mcro, .lua, .dll, Profiles, etc)." I cannot fined ini. files from FSUIPC6 version in P3D (if this is what I need to use to rename it). 

Thanks for looking. 

38 minutes ago, speedbird144 said:

1. "copy the FSUIPC7.exe and FSUIPC7.key files to this folder (or simply move the FSUIPC7 folder created when you unzip to the required location".  What is required location in MSFS2020? 

I mean your "required" location, i.e. wherever you want to install it. It can go anywhere.

39 minutes ago, speedbird144 said:

I cannot fined ini. files from FSUIPC6 version in P3D (if this is what I need to use to rename it). 

If you have FSUIPC6, it will be in your installation folder. If you can't see the extensions, they are hidden from you and you will have to change the Explorer options to see the extensions.

You can use the 'Open Folder' option in the FSUIPC6 logging tab, which will open an explorer window on your FSUIPC6 installation folder. Your FSUIPC6.ini file will be there.

John

33 minutes ago, speedbird144 said:

Everything works but when FSUIPC is running fsp drops down to 5-10.

That's a bit lower than for most folks. mostly it halves at mosst. here I measure 30+ down to 20-ish. But if I disable traffic completelt in MSFS i get it back up to 25or more.

This degradation is from ANY simconnect using application, and is a change (bug) introduced in the Release version of MSFS which certainly wasn't there in the last Beta us developers had. With that last Beta there wasn't really a noticeable differences at all, even with two or three SimConnect applications running.

We need to persuade MS / ASOBO that this is an important problem for quick resolution!

For further discussions on performance, please use the existing thread:

Pete

Hello Pete. 

My sim setting are high, Ultra graphics etc. I kept that high because my PC was able to handle high settings quite well with fps around 35-40 flying A320. When I added FSUIPS fps dropped that low. I will play with settings to gain some more fps. Thanks for help.