The simFlight Network Forums

SIMULATION RATE Not reading

JoeFremont

49 minutes ago, JoeFremont said:

0x0262 - for reading if the sim is paused does not seem to be working either.

There's currently no SimConnect variable we can request for that (see the supplied spreadsheet "offsetStatus").

1 hour ago, JoeFremont said:

when I call function 0x0C1A - Simulation Rate its always returning the value for 1x.

Interesting. It was reported as responding. I'll double-check here. Have you changed the rate? I assume there's a keypress for it, or are you writing to that offset too?

Pete

7 hours ago, JoeFremont said:

0x0262 - for reading if the sim is paused does not seem to be working either.

0x0262 is for setting - its 0x0264 for reading.

Please note that there are 3 different styles of 'pause' in MSFS:
1. Active pause (default key: PAUSE): this is more like a lat/long/alt freeze - it freezes the plane, but the world moves on. Be careful when using this!
2. Sim pause (default key: ESC): takes you to the MSFS menus. Not really a pause, more of a temporary stop!
3. The real pause (no default key): this is the proper pause and is activated by the Pause On and Pause Off controls (no toggle)

The third one is the one to use. This pause mode also updates offset 0x0264 correctly.

I've checked offset 0x0262, and that works for pausing/unpausing (with the real pause).

For the time being, I'll mark offset 0264 as partially working, until we can get the pause state correctly from the other pause modes.

John

6 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:
7 hours ago, JoeFremont said:

when I call function 0x0C1A - Simulation Rate its always returning the value for 1x.

Interesting. It was reported as responding. I'll double-check here. Have you changed the rate? I assume there's a keypress for it, or are you writing to that offset too?

Pete

I was changing using keystrokes and I did have to map my own keys to get it to work.  

I am working on the client for FSAirlines and getting the sim rate is quite important for us. 

22 hours ago, JoeFremont said:

I am working on the client for FSAirlines and getting the sim rate is quite important for us.

I think John's got this working now, so I expect it will work in the next FSUIPC7-Beta release.

Pete

Edited by Pete Dowson

22 hours ago, JoeFremont said:

Looks like this was a problem in FSUIPC7 where the rate was hard-coded to be always 0, probably because this wasn't working in an early version of the SDK.

Its now working and I've updated FSUIPC7, so this should be resolved in the next release. I'll re-check the write status before I release.

John