The simFlight Network Forums

Multiple events in mouse macro

I read in the advanced user guide that you could have multiple events in a mouse macro. It gives an example as follows, 

n=<name>
n.1=action1

So I am trying to assign the Landing light switches in the MD80 to one switch as there is only one switch on the honeycomb alpha and two landing light switches on the MD80. I used the following:
[Macros]
1=Landing
1.1=RX4000001a,3
1.2=RX4000001b,3

When I execute the macro using the switch it only performs the last command and ignores the first. If I reverse the order the action is the same so I know both commands are valid. I am stumped. 

10 hours ago, Johnnyo411 said:

So I am trying to assign the Landing light switches in the MD80 to one switch as there is only one switch on the honeycomb alpha and two landing light switches on the MD80. I used the following:
[Macros]
1=Landing
1.1=RX4000001a,3
1.2=RX4000001b,3

When I execute the macro using the switch it only performs the last command and ignores the first. If I reverse the order the action is the same so I know both commands are valid. I am stumped. 

It might be that, being mouse emulations, they are just too fast for the gauge to respond to both.

We could really do with some sort of delay option, even an added control that simply does "sleep for 30 milliseconds". Maybe John might consider this when the rush for MSFS subsides.

Meanwhile, doesn't the regular landing light control work for at least one of those switches? (If you were using a button instead of a latching switch you could program one on press and the other on release).

The only other thing I can think of is to try one or more other, time-wasting, entries (controls that do nothing on your cockpit) between the two mouse operations, but I don't know if that would work. Something I think I'll try -- when I have a bit of time.

Pete

You could try adding a mouse release code to your macro, e.g.

[Macros]
1=Landing
1.1=RX4000001a,3
1.2=RX4000001a,13

1.3=RX4000001b,3
1.4=RX4000001b,13

(try with and without the 1.4 entry)

Alternatively,  you could try two mouse macro assignments to the switch instead of using a compound macro. You will need to set up the first mouse macro call. Then comment that out in the ini (or remove and save it). Then set up the second assignment. Then add back in the initial assignment, by editing the ini again, remembering to update the number. 

John