The simFlight Network Forums

Fsuipc offset from event id

Hi Pete,

is possible to to trace an offset starting from the event id or from the hexadecimal?

having a pushbutton to be commanded as on press ON and again status OFF on second click

I need to use offsets instead of the event ID in order to be able to put the condition ($ = 1,0,1).

Thank you 

Simone

35 minutes ago, sisoffi said:

is possible to to trace an offset starting from the event id or from the hexadecimal?

There is not always a direct relationship between the data values provided in offsets to the events or controls used to handle the aircraft. You need to search by function and be ready to interpret alternative terms for the same things.

38 minutes ago, sisoffi said:

I need to use offsets instead of the event ID in order to be able to put the condition ($ = 1,0,1).

For a toggle condiition (i.e. one which is either on or off), it might be based on some value, or it may only be represented by a single bit in an array of bits. If you can't locate the values you need, ask specifically and i'll see if I can help. There's no general method.

Pete

thank you pete.

I monitored via fsuipc logging and the parameters affecting the event ID (in my case maddogX 69929 efis control the airports button show in ND) are as follows:
at the first press (ON state) 16777217
at the second press (OFF state) 16777216

but in mobiflight cannot assign on press and on release because if i press ON is correct show APTS but when i instantly released the button give me state OFF.

I think you’d better show the Log itself, please, so I can make sense of this.

You really need to test with a default aircraft because many addons do their own thing but the offset data is sim data, not addon (except for the special cases of the three PMDG Boeing’s)

Pete

That log unfortunately doesn't show some vital details, such as the version of P3D4 or 5 you are running or the precise Identity of the aircraft. You pressed the "New Log" button, so starting a new log and leaving the old one renamed in the folder.  Please don't do that unless asked to.

Anyway, let's see:

(in my case maddogX 69929 efis control the airports button show in ND) are as follows:
at the first press (ON state) 16777217
at the second press (OFF state) 16777216

Event 69929 is not a default event or control. The highest number used even by the latest P3D5 is 68120. You appear to be using custom controls specific to the aircraft, much like those provided by the PMDG Boeings.

Furthermore, though the Log was intended to show me this, there is no occurrence of control number 69929 in the log!! There are 66917's, with parameters 16777217 (0x01000001) and 16777216 (0x01000000). Not how simple the numbers are in hexadecimal. They appear to be flags so I suspect these are mouse codes.

I'm afraid that unless the makers of your aircraft have provided some indication for you to use, or a separate control to simply toggle the switch, you will probably have to find a different way, such as perhaps using two buttons or a latching switch.

Pete