The simFlight Network Forums

FSX & FSUIPC4 will not see my new Saitek Flight switch panel

MOVED FROM FAQ SUBFORUM!!!

Hi,

I am wondering if some one could help me.

I am running FSX on Win 0 home without any problem.

Installed FSUIPC4 and still happy with both.

I had only  a Saitek yoke and rudder pedals.

i have purchased a new Saitek Flight switch panel which is detected by win 10 and when tested using the saitek software it works fine.

the latest driver for it has been installed.

bu when I start FSX, neither FSX or FSUIPC4 will detected at all

I have googled a lot for the past few days and tried so many things but without luck.

I read that all Saitek panels will not work on FSX if running on Win 10.

Trust me i used these panels 12 years ago with FSX and FSUIPC4 but had a WinXP machine at that time.

Kindly advise

Regards

Nigel

3 hours ago, nigelkazanji said:

i have purchased a new Saitek Flight switch panel which is detected by win 10 and when tested using the saitek software it works fine.

the latest driver for it has been installed.

bu when I start FSX, neither FSX or FSUIPC4 will detected at all

First, please note that you posted into a reference sub-forum ("FAQ") which is clearly marked, in red, not for support requests! I've moved it for you otherwise i would never be answered!

I don't know the "saitek switch panel", so please tell me -- is it seen by Windows as a joystick type device? Does the Windows properties see all the switches? If it isn't a joystick type device then neither FSUIPC nor FSX would recognise it.

Does the "latest driver" for it handle it? If so, why would you need FSUIPC or FSX to see it? It may work better for them if you uninstalled the saitek driver.

I read that all Saitek panels will not work on FSX if running on Win 10.

Why would that be?  Is that a problem with the saitek drivers -- Saitek not keeping up with Windows developments?

Trust me i used these panels 12 years ago with FSX and FSUIPC4 but had a WinXP machine at that time.

But you said "i have purchased a new Saitek Flight switch panel". Is this, then, replacing an old Saitek Switch Panel?

If you look in the FSX Modules folder you will see a file called FSUIP4.Joyscan.csv. This will tell me more about your devices. Let me see that.

Pete

5 hours ago, nigelkazanji said:

The Saitek switch panel is not recognized by FSUIPC/windows as a hid device. To use this, you are better off using the SPAD driver (free) or SPAD.next (payware).You can also use via lua, but have not tried this - see 

John

Hi Pete & John,

Thank you for the time and efforts in responding to my request.

I do apologize for posting it on FAQ instead of the forum. not sure what happened.

now let me start fresh so you could have a better picture.

Saitek (Logitech) do have the following:

1- Yoke

2- Throttles

3- Rudder pedals.

4- Flight Switch panel: contains the landing gear,  engines start/stop, lights switches, and other switches

5- Flight multi panel: contains the Auto Pilot switches and LCD screen

6- Radio panel: contains radios 

7- Cessna Trim Wheel

around 2012, I got my first flight sim setup using FSX & FSUIPC4 and had items 1-6 above.

they all worked fine on Win XP and i could configure item 5 using FSUIPC4 if my memory serves me well.

in 2014 had to sell everything.

4 months ago, i purchased new set of a new set of items 1-3 only  , then purchased item 4 last week.

currently using Windows 10 home 64 bits , and FSX is running in Windows Vista mode.

Windows 10 can see all items and I have downloaded the latest drivers for all from Logitech,

i have also checked them using Saitek/logitch test software. all functions are OK . which means there is no problem with windows 10 .

while FSX & FSUIPC4 can see all items, they can not see item 5 (switch panel). therefore i am unable to use it.

What i noticed though is when i check the HID's in the device manager , only the Yoke and the throttles shows up as an HID, the switch panel is shown as a USB input device.

I have installed the SPAD (free) but nothing has changed.

I might be forced to purchase the SPAD.next now f this is not resolved.

Regards

Nigel

attached is the FSUIPC4.Joyscan file for you to see

Yes, this confirms that only the Rudder and Yoke are registering as Joystick type devices.

You could run HidScanner to get more details of other types of device.

In the past we've found that true Joystick HID devices work fine without special drivers installed. The Saitek driver may be masking the device's true Joystick nature, assuming you want to deal with it via its own settings. So you could try uninstalling the Saitek driver.

FSUIPC doesn't have any special non-Joystick drivers built in (except some heritage code for VRi devices). Even GoFlight devices need a GoFlight DLL. John is probably correct in saying you need SPAD or SPAD.Next, but those too might need the Saitek driver uninstalled.

Pete

5 hours ago, nigelkazanji said:

I have installed the SPAD (free) but nothing has changed.

SPAD will not allow you to assign in FSUIPC - it has its own interface. You need to uninstall the Saitek software, and I think also the drivers, so please try that.

Note that when you had this working in FSUIPC4, you must have been using something else other than just FSUIPC4.

Images of text are not very helpful.