The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC7 control problem

alex kulak

1 hour ago, Pete Dowson said:

If you assign in FSUIPC you must NOT also have any assignments in MSFS.  There's bound to be such conflicts if you do. Choose FSUIPC or MSFS for axis assignments, not both.

This is not the case anymore. ou can assign in both MSFS or FSUIPC7. Just make sure that you don't assign the same axis (or button/switch/keypress) both in MSFS and FSUIPC7.

1 hour ago, Pete Dowson said:

This has always been the case with FSX and P3D before this -- but at least those had one place where you could disable controllers. I think in MSFS you have to create a blank profile.

Its probably a good idea to create a 'FSUIPC profile'. But this can have assignments and doesn't necessarily have to be empty.

John

On 9/9/2020 at 3:14 AM, John Dowson said:

Can you check if this is calibrated in FSUIPC7. If so, remove the calibration. Or, alternatively, change assignment to ;direct to FSUIPC calibration' instead.

Also, check that you don't have auto-rudder enabled (presuming this is an option in MSFS, as it was in FSX/P3D).

I changed it to FSUIPC calibration however it is way way more.touchy than FS2020 sensitivity which makes no sense with how I barely touch the yoke, throttle and ruddeer (plus I have a high tension dial that is  set

Auto rudder was enabled i disabled it for VFR routes 

5 hours ago, alex kulak said:

I changed it to FSUIPC calibration however it is way way more.touchy than FS2020 sensitivity which makes no sense with how I barely touch the yoke, throttle and ruddeer

Can you show me your FSUIPC7.ini file and I'll check the calibration.

(plus I have a high tension dial that is  set

Not sure what this is or means!

Auto rudder was enabled

Ok. That would explain the RUDDER_SET events in  your log.

On 9/11/2020 at 1:31 AM, John Dowson said:

Can you show me your FSUIPC7.ini file and I'll check the calibration.

Not sure what this is or means!

Ok. That would explain the RUDDER_SET events in  your log.

sorry John i have been busy with life and finally had time to sit down at my PC. ill get you the INI file

the dial set is on the rudder pedals to make the tension lighter or stronger physically 

On 9/9/2020 at 5:06 AM, Pete Dowson said:

If you assign in FSUIPC you must NOT also have any assignments in MSFS.  There's bound to be such conflicts if you do. Choose FSUIPC or MSFS for axis assignments, not both.

This has always been the case with FSX and P3D before this -- but at least those had one place where you could disable controllers. I think in MSFS you have to create a blank profile.

Pete

Hi! Pete -  I posted this question in another post, but I think you just answered it for me. I don't think  there's any other way with FS2020 than to create a NULL device with every single control you intend to program through FSUIPC! I alpha and beta-tested the sim, and never discovered any way to "turn off" all controls in one place. 

Best way I use is to go to the device, click on "Assigned" and then delete every binding you find. It can take awhile! I've only done it for two.