The simFlight Network Forums

MSFS Pilot2ATC controls lock up?

Charlie 130

Hi I just installed the trial version of Pilot2ATC and FSUIPC7.

I was flying the Neo. Set up aircraft from cold and dark. Taxied to runway 08 LOWI. Then lost my X52 Joystick control and mouse in the sim.

I was running windowed mode, so I can access task bar. I did notice the task bar wouldn't show a couple of times also. This seemed to settle down after a couple of minutes. After I lost the controls I could close MSFS the normal way, so it didn't appear to crash. Just the control loss that was the issue?

Here's my link to my post on Pilot2ATC forum, with FSUIPC7 logs.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/584289-no-clear-for-departure-message-atc-stuck/?tab=comments#comment-4342220

Thanks

Edit. Dave said to post here, since he didn't know why I'd lost the mouse and joystick in the sim? 

I was on P3d with a paid copy of FSUIPC. no problems before, but this is a new SIM and MSFS being different will no doubt cause add on makers problems. 

Edited by Charlie 130
Clarity

1 hour ago, Charlie 130 said:

this is a new SIM and MSFS being different will no doubt cause add on makers problems. 

SimConnect is incomplete at present, and has many problems itself. There's also a lot missing and/or undocumented. FSUIPC7 is released as a Beta for wider user testing, to aid in the development of the interface and more feedback to Asobo/Microsoft, so thank you for participating. But please don't expect everything to work properly yet. In fact we've been quite surprised at how much does work already.

Support for FSUIPC7 is here, in the special subforum for MSFS + FSUIPC7 -- you must have missed seeing it, but i've moved your post for you.  As you have some logs which may be useful, but on a forum not used or necessarily accessible to FSUIPC Support, could you please post them here?  Best to ZIP logs if they are of any size -- they ZIP up really well, being all text.

Thank you.

Pete

I did notice the task bar wouldn't show a couple of times also

What do you mean by this? What 'task bar'?

After I lost the controls I could close MSFS the normal way, so it didn't appear to crash. Just the control loss that was the issue?

There is currently am issue with control loss due to a TransmitClientEvent failure that will be seen in the logs. If you have this in you logs, then this is already being investigated, and there is another topic covering this. And there is also this topic for control loss without this failure being noted: 

No solution at the moment as I'm still trying to determine if this is an MSFS issue or an FSUIPC7 one.

Note also that someone previously reported this is a problem and it turned out to be an automatic co-pilot takeover that somehow got activated. Maybe worth checking for that as well.

Otherwise, it would be helpful if you could determine if it is only the controls via FSUIPC7 that stop working, and if any assignments you have in MSFS are still functional.

55 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

What do you mean by this? What 'task bar'?

There is currently am issue with control loss due to a TransmitClientEvent failure that will be seen in the logs. If you have this in you logs, then this is already being investigated, and there is another topic covering this. And there is also this topic for control loss without this failure being noted: 

No solution at the moment as I'm still trying to determine if this is an MSFS issue or an FSUIPC7 one.

Note also that someone previously reported this is a problem and it turned out to be an automatic co-pilot takeover that somehow got activated. Maybe worth checking for that as well.

Otherwise, it would be helpful if you could determine if it is only the controls via FSUIPC7 that stop working, and if any assignments you have in MSFS are still functional.

Hi John thanks for the reply.

"Task bar" I mean that bar at the bottom of the window that auto hides itself, when running the MSFS in windowed mode. Normally just moving the mouse down to the bottom of the window, causes the task bar to slide up. I noticed for a couple of minutes, this didn't work, like the sim had reverted to "full screen". I went to the menu in MSFS and confirmed I was still in windowed mode.

The "Autopilot co pilot takes control" was not selected in the MSFS menu.

I only used the MSFS allocated controls, nothing was assigned via FSUIPC. However, I saw that the com frequency window in Pilot2ATC, did not adjust the com frequency in the Neo, on centre pedestal. But since the Neo is itself a "work on progress" I don't expect everything to work.

I tried the dim without FSUIPC7 and Pilot2ATC and everything was working normally. Do indeed there would appear to be an issue with MSFS/Simconnect/FSUIPC7. As for Pilot2ATC, well I can't use that until the control issues are corrected. 

Thanks.

Regards

David

Edited by Charlie 130
Co pilot not selected

5 hours ago, Charlie 130 said:

"Task bar" I mean that bar at the bottom of the window that auto hides itself, when running the MSFS in windowed mode. Normally just moving the mouse down to the bottom of the window, causes the task bar to slide up. I noticed for a couple of minutes, this didn't work, like the sim had reverted to "full screen". I went to the menu in MSFS and confirmed I was still in windowed mode.

Ok, but this has nothing to do with FSUIPC.

I only used the MSFS allocated controls, nothing was assigned via FSUIPC. However, I saw that the com frequency window in Pilot2ATC, did not adjust the com frequency in the Neo, on centre pedestal. But since the Neo is itself a "work on progress" I don't expect everything to work.

Yes, there seem to be quite a few issues with the A320 Neo at the moment.

I tried the dim without FSUIPC7 and Pilot2ATC and everything was working normally. Do indeed there would appear to be an issue with MSFS/Simconnect/FSUIPC7

There are currently many controls that work when assigned in MSFS, but are not working in external programs using SimConnect. It is a known issue and we are awaiting an SDK update to resolve these issues.

Cheers,

John

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/11/2020 at 3:56 PM, John Dowson said:

Ok, but this has nothing to do with FSUIPC.

Yes, there seem to be quite a few issues with the A320 Neo at the moment.

There are currently many controls that work when assigned in MSFS, but are not working in external programs using SimConnect. It is a known issue and we are awaiting an SDK update to resolve these issues.

Cheers,

John

This was an issue I found when trying the Pilot2ATC program. That ATC program uses SimConnect and FSUIPC7, my trial period has expired now, so I can't determine if anything has been fixed. Hopefully things will improve.

I see other users that can get PILOT2ATC working, yet I could not. This is a bit baffling since we all must be using the same software, with only our hardware being different. But this latter means that we may be using different drivers in our PC?

Thanks.

Sorry, but it is still not clear what you issue is. Is it the loss of controls, or with Pilot2ATC?
For loss of controls, check that you have power management disabled on your usb devices/hubs.
You can also try activating logging for Axes Control in FSUIPC7. Monitor the console log (i.e. Log -> Open Console) and see what is logged, if anything, when you experience the loss of control.

However, as you say that you lose control of your mouse, it sounds more like an MSFS issue as FSUIPC7 does nothing with the mouse. You could also check to see if any keyboard shorcuts have any affect when this occurs.

For issues with Pilot2ATC, you really need their support forum.

2 hours ago, John Dowson said:

Sorry, but it is still not clear what you issue is. Is it the loss of controls, or with Pilot2ATC?
For loss of controls, check that you have power management disabled on your usb devices/hubs.
You can also try activating logging for Axes Control in FSUIPC7. Monitor the console log (i.e. Log -> Open Console) and see what is logged, if anything, when you experience the loss of control.

However, as you say that you lose control of your mouse, it sounds more like an MSFS issue as FSUIPC7 does nothing with the mouse. You could also check to see if any keyboard shorcuts have any affect when this occurs.

For issues with Pilot2ATC, you really need their support forum.

Thanks again John.

MSFS not ideal at the moment. I even got a message to "insert disc" during start up, yesterday? Since I have direct download from MS and my PC doesn't have a CD drawer, this was not right. Eventually it cleared, but the sim feels very "beta" to me.

Too late to try Pilot2ATC again. Only one free trial.

Thanks.