The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC crashes and takes MSFS2020 with it

amanhattan

Hi there. Searched and couldn't find a similar issue being reported.

I have had FSUIPC 7 crash three times and cause a CTD for the sim too. I am using the latest version (from Monday 14th I believe). I can't replicate the issue purposefully but in all 3 cases this week, it happens late flight between descent and approach/arrival. I was not getting any crashes with any of the previous beta versions. Please let me know how I can get you more info if you need it.

Thanks!

13 hours ago, amanhattan said:

have had FSUIPC 7 crash three times and cause a CTD for the sim too.

FSUIPC7 cannot cause the sim to crash in normal use - this is one of the benefits of it being in an exe (separate process) rather than a dll. I suspect that its MSFS that is crashing, and when it does it will close FSUIPC7 if you have 'Exit with FS' set, which is set by default. You can test this by de-selecting that option from the Options menu. The FSUIPC7.log file would also indicate a crash if it has not closed properly. You can also check the windows event log which would tell you what crashed.

1 hour ago, John Dowson said:

FSUIPC7 cannot cause the sim to crash in normal use - this is one of the benefits of it being in an exe (separate process) rather than a dll. I suspect that its MSFS that is crashing, and when it does it will close FSUIPC7 if you have 'Exit with FS' set, which is set by default. You can test this by de-selecting that option from the Options menu. The FSUIPC7.log file would also indicate a crash if it has not closed properly. You can also check the windows event log which would tell you what crashed.

Will do as well. Thank you. Will let you know if it happens again and like you said, this way we can determine if my particular crashes are just the sim.