The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC7 / throttle adjustment A320

bjoerntiemann

**** Moved from main support forum to FSUIPC7-Beta support sub-forum ****

Hi there,

is there any chance to adjust the throttle for the A320 default in MFSF more accurate? I am suffering a jump from CL to FLEX to TOGA and cant properly snap the throttle (Saitek Qudrant) to the right stage (eg. after takeoff).

Tnx

Bjoern

Edited by John Dowson
Moved to correct support forum

6 hours ago, bjoerntiemann said:

is there any chance to adjust the throttle for the A320 default in MFSF more accurate?

Have you assigned and calibrated the throttle in FSUIPC7?  Make sure you assign to 'Send direct to FSUIPC calibration' and calibrate with no slope active. If there is then too little movement in the upper range, to select the gates, try adding a negative slope, which will make the initial (manual) range more sensitive, but give you more movement to select between the gates. Try different slopes to see which feel good for you.

17 minutes ago, bjoerntiemann said:

I do almost feel no effect.

Really - even with a slope of -15? For my throttle, that gives me half the throttle axis movement range for manual use, and the other (top) half to select between the gates.

Maybe you can show me your FSUIPC7.ini file and I'll check your calibration.

Do you have the full range of movement on your axis (-16383 to +16384)?

8 hours ago, bjoerntiemann said:

**** Moved from main support forum to FSUIPC7-Beta support sub-forum ****

Hi there,

is there any chance to adjust the throttle for the A320 default in MFSF more accurate? I am suffering a jump from CL to FLEX to TOGA and cant properly snap the throttle (Saitek Qudrant) to the right stage (eg. after takeoff).

This is a slightly curved reply. Thrustmaster are releasing an Airbus throttle quadrant and Airbus certified joystick on Oct 22nd. That will make the throttle detents accurate. Its pretty much to scale and later they will add Flaps and Spoiler controls, which look very realistic. 

@bjoerntiemann Your calibration looks a little strange:

Throttle1=-16384,-16384,-16384,16383
Throttle2=-16384,-16384,-16384,16383

The idle position is at your axis minimum value. Do you not want a reverse zone?  For the separate throttle controls, the 'idle' position is the null zone between forward and revers. If you don't want a reverse, you should check the 'No reverse Zone' checkbox rather than setting the idle position to the start of the axis. Otherwise, you probably want an idle zone around the -12000 mark, with a small null zone, something like

Throttle1=-16384,-12384,-11884,16383
Throttle2=-16384,-12384,-11884,16383

Also, is there any reason that you are assigning to the separate throttle controls for engine1 and engine2, rather than using the single 'Throttle' control? You could try switching to see if that makes a difference, but it shouldn't really (apart from maybe the calibration slopes).

You could also check your axes calibration in windows game controllers, to make sure the full range of movement of the axis is being used by windows. Other than that, I don't know what to suggest.

1 hour ago, bjoerntiemann said:

my x and y axis jump from 0 to  16383 and I cant adjust them.

That indicates that they are registered in Windows as digital, not analogue -- i.e. on or off only. The only way I know of fixing that, without editing the registry, is to uninstall the device and any drivers, via the Windows Device Manager, then re-booting and  reconnect the device so that its proper details are recorded.

If you want a more definite way, or if re-installing it as above doesn't work, then check this for registry editing:

I know it refers specifically to Saitek, but the principle is the same for all joystick devices.

Pete