The simFlight Network Forums

Is FSUIPC what I need for this

Ted Toad

I have managed to write some software that uses a touch screen to control MSFS 2020 buttons and controls by issuing keyboard commands from a raspberry pi.  The problem with this approach is it is one way and things can get out of sync easily.

From what I have read FSUIPC talks to FS Simconnect and uses a fixed block of memory to issue commands and receive status.  So my question is twofold, is FSUIPC what I should be talking to and is there anywhere that I can find documentation on what all can be controlled?  I've looked around and can't seem to find any sort of a list.

Any help graciously accepted!

10 hours ago, Ted Toad said:

is FSUIPC what I should be talking to

You can try it. The offset facilities are available in the free/unregistered version (although there is currently a free time-limited full license provided with FSUIPC7-Beta).

10 hours ago, Ted Toad said:

s there anywhere that I can find documentation on what all can be controlled?

As well as the offset status document mentioned by Thomas (latest version is 0.7 and is included in the downloadable zip), you can take a look at the documentation for FSUIPC5 or 6, and maybe also the SDK. Documentation here: FSUIPC6_Documentation, SDK here: FSUIPC SDK.

11 hours ago, Ted Toad said:

s FSUIPC what I should be talking to

Btw, FSUIPC needs to run on the same machine as the flight simulator. If you are running client software on a pi to talk to FSUIPC, you would need to install WideClient on the pi to achieve this. And for WideClient to run on the pi, it would need to be running Windows 7 or later.

Thanks for the info, most helpful.  I have the beta running on the FS machine and it connects to the sim just fine.  Didn't think about having to use the WideClient with Windows 7+ that would likely rule out the pi.  I'm using a pi 4 and although there is a version of windows 10 that supposedly runs on it I've never tried to load it.

Thanks again for the info and FSUIPC, great product.