The simFlight Network Forums

WideClient for MFS2020 and DLL for .Net

yvesb

For several years I have been programming gauges in Java which I use across the network using the WideClient. From what I understand this is not possible with MFS2020 at the moment since the client version has not been updated.

Is it possible to use your DLL for .Net and directly query the FSUIPC7- beta or I have to wait for the next WideClient client version ?

Or, can I use it to query directly SimConnect on port 500.

Thank you and have a nice day,

Yves

Edited by yvesb

23 minutes ago, yvesb said:

For several years I have been programming gauges in Java which I use across the network using the WideClient. From what I understand this is not possible with MFS2020 at the moment since the client version has not been updated.

WideClient works fine in conjunction with FSUIPC7. The WideFS part has not changed.

Why do you think that it isn't working? Have you tried?

Pete

Yes, no connection

It works fine with version 5 and Prepar3d v4 and the connection is made on port 8002, but version 7 does not listen on port 8002 (WIDEFS7 not user registered, or expired),  so no link.
Here is a part of logs

********* FSUIPC5, Version 5.157 (26th June 2020) by Pete & John Dowson *********
Running inside Prepar3D v4
Module base=7FFEEACF0000
PREPAR3D.EXE version = 4.5.13.32097
Reading options from "C:\Prepar3D v4\Modules\FSUIPC5.ini"
Checking the Registrations now ...
User Name="Yves..."
User Addr="yves...."
FSUIPC5 Key is provided
WideFS7 Key is provided

TCP    10.100.100.30:8002     10.100.100.20:51868    ESTABLISHED     9360     InHost

********* FSUIPC7, Version 7.0.0-Beta (6th October 2020) by John & Pete Dowson *********
Reading options from "C:\FSUIPC7-2\FSUIPC7.ini"
Checking the Registrations now ...
User Name="MSFS Tester"
User Addr="Time Limited 311020"
FSUIPC7 Key is provided
WIDEFS7 not user registered, or expired

no LISTENING on port 8002

No connection from my remote computer; I am using version 7.1.5.9 of the WideClient

Thank you for your fast anwser and have a nice day

Yves

Bonjour,

HA! Thank you for this quick response.

I would never post the key on the Forum because I believe in supporting good IT work !
And, FSUIPC is a really good IT job and the support is awesome!
Thank you !

Have a nice day !

Yves

I see Thomas has seen that you did not register WideFS in FSUIPC7, which is why the log shows:

3 hours ago, yvesb said:

WIDEFS7 not user registered, or expired

Best always to check the log for error and other indications when you have a problem.

Glad you are now sorted.

Pete