The simFlight Network Forums

Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Quadrant

Hello.

Finally I received my Thrustmaster Airbus Quadrant today.
Is there any "simple" way to use the 2 "engine switches" using FSUIPC 6? Usually those are "fuel cutoff" switches, I guess?
I'm not familiar with macros, lua...
Thanks

Ralf

Edited by Skystar

2 hours ago, Skystar said:

Is there any "simple" way to use the 2 "engine switches" using FSUIPC 6? Usually those are "fuel cutoff" switches, I guess?

I don't know. Are there controls called "engine switches" in an Airbus?

The fuel idle/cutoff switches (levers) in default jet aircraft are operated by the mixture controls. So "Mixture Lean" ("mixtureN lean" for engine N) is cutoff whilst "Mixture Rich" ("mixtureN rich) for the idle (fuel enabled) position.

Not add-on aircraft necessarily obey the default controls. the more sophisticated add-on aircraft tend to have their own separately written subsystem code. But try with those first.

If you are using the FSL or Aerosoft Airbus you might find you have to use other methods instead. Maybe mouse macros or Local Variables (LVars)..

Pete

I'm not 100% sure, what the correct, official term for those switches is, but everyone seems to call them Engine Start Switches:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYq0nf9fSjY

OK, thank you. I already thought it might not be an easy way. Especially as this is "Add-On stuff" and not native FSX/P3D.
Well, there are a lot of other people who already got this Quadrant and might have the same issue. So I'll sit and wait until someone comes up with "anything".

Cheers
Ralf

Hi,

Airbus has an automated system where those switches ENG ON/OFF for each engine handle the complete start process in combination with the cotary switch (CRANK / NORMAL / IGN START). They will be internally handled by the Add-on system and as pete said only available via L:vars or if the have a SDK.

Thomas

There is an new update for the Aerosoft Busses and a doku for the key assignment. For the axis (throttle and reverse) i use fsuipc, because this is more exactly and works fine with the new TCA Quadrant. Using the knobs like shown in the AES doku there is a conflict with LINDA/Vrinsight. COM1 and 2 did´nt work. So either i can use the radios with Vrinsight or the engine master and Mode knobs on the TCA quadrant. 

Knut

• 1 month later...

Knut, it is possible to know how you made the settings for the new Tca quadrant with fsuipc because I just can't find a suitable solution for its operation.

For PMDG 737 Ngxu and QW 787 I had no major problems and everything works fine, but with Aerosoft a320 etc I can't set the 0 of the throttle and also the reverse.

Roberto