The simFlight Network Forums

fsuipc7 key press

remery

Hello,
I purchased FSUIPC7 registered

Problems encountered:

-Keyspress commands only work if the FSUIPC7 window is displayed on the view.
but this display no longer allows access to another window (MSFS menu, ATC, card)

-The commands generated by USBKEYS opencockpit are not recognized however programmed in correspondence with the keyboard commands MSFS (this function was operational with FSUIPC4 and FSX)
I deeply regret all these features which were operational with FSX and FSUIPC4, can I hope?

cordially

10 hours ago, remery said:

-Keyspress commands only work if the FSUIPC7 window is displayed on the view.
but this display no longer allows access to another window (MSFS menu, ATC, card)

Did you read the section on 'Limitations' in the provided README.txt. If not, please do so.
Key press commands do work when MSFS has the focus, but the keys received by FSUIPC7 are limited due to issues with the MSFS SDK.
Hopefully things will improve in subsequent releases - current release is still 0.7.0.0.

10 hours ago, remery said:

-The commands generated by USBKEYS opencockpit are not recognized however programmed in correspondence with the keyboard commands MSFS (this function was operational with FSUIPC4 and FSX)

Not sure I understand what you are saying here (I'm not familiar with USBKEYS opencockpit) - how is FSUIPC involved? What is the issue with FSUIPC.

If the "commands generated by USBKEYS opencockpit are not recognized"  (by MSFS I presume), then isn't that an issue with USBKEYS opencockpit?
Note also that there are known issues with many controls/events currently not working, again due to issues with the SDK. 

Just now, remery said:

If FSUIPC is displayed in focus, it is no longer possible to display the ATC window or MSFS menu.

You'd only have FSUIPC in focus if you are making some changes there. Surely MSFS has focus all the time when actually attending to your flight. If FSUIPC7 has the focus and then you click on the MSFS menu or ATC window then the focus automatically changes to MSFS. That's how Windows works.

Or am i also misunderstanding?

Pete