The simFlight Network Forums

Back Home:-)

Dougal

First off, this is not a request for support, it's simply a HELLO and a thank you!

It feels great to be BACK in here after years of being 'on the dark side' in XP11 and without FSUIPC.

I gave up on Microsoft sims some years ago when I defected to XPlane, but now I have FS2020 installed and can once again return to my trusty companion that is FSUIPC, and have it do all things properly:-)

I nearly fell off my chair when told I could buy this again for FS2020:-)

Pete Sir, you have been around for as long as I can remember. You and I probably don't like to remember just how many years that is:-)

Returning to FSUIPC is like 'coming home' for me, and even better to see John's name there also!

GREAT to be back! And thanks to ALL concerned in keeping this truly GREAT product alive and kicking.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Dougal said:

Pete Sir, you have been around for as long as I can remember. You and I probably don't like to remember just how many years that is:-)

😉 Glad to see you back, though I think it'll be quite a while before MSFS is suitable for my cockpit, if ever. I'm very happy with P3Dv5.1.

And yes, it's been quite a while. I first got into FS in the Bruce Artwick days, before MS bought it and continued it. I started doing software for it at the FS4 stage (still a DOS program). FSUIPC started with FS98 and has had continuous development since then.

But now at 77  I am retired from active development -- my son John has taken over the reins -- FSUIPC6 and FSUIPC7 are his babies.

Good flying!

Pete