The simFlight Network Forums

AXIS ASSIGNMENT

HELLO

I have installed P3d v5.1 hf1 and FSUIPS latest version 6.0.11 registered, and PMDG 747 the latest version.Today i was created a profile for 747 axis assignment,buttons and switches,joystick calibration,and everything works fine, but when i restart my simulator with pmdg 747 the axis and buttons dosent respond with my saitek yoke and rudder pedal  then i go to fsuipc to choose the profile tha i was created for pmdg<ADDONS-FSUIPC-AXIS ASSIGNMENT>i have to tick at profile spesific and then it ask me if i want to applay general assignments for this aircraft i chose NO and then fsuipc recognizes the 747 profile and then i press ok, and again back to simulator,and naw the axis dosent respond at all, but buttons and switches are ok .I have delete all axis in simulator and try to set directly with fsuipc.It seems tha fsuipc dosent save the axis profile, here i sent you and the ini file

Any idea

Than you

FSUIPC6.ini

I'm not sure what you have done but you have no axes assignments at all, either general or profile specific. Please try setting up your axes again in your profile.

Before doing this, you should change this ini section:

[Profile.747]
1=PMDG 747-400 PMDG House (N744PM | 2017)
2=PMDG 747-400 PMDG House (N744RR | 2017)
3=PMDG 747-400 PMDG House (N744GE | 2017)

To this:
    [Profile.747]
    1=PMDG 747

This will then match any aircraft with 'PMDG 747' in the title to your profile (as you have the default ini paramater ShortAircraftNameOk=Substring set)

There was a correction from v6.0.10 to v6.0.11 that should have prevented assignments being lost when not importing general assignments into a profile. Maybe you did this with v6.0.10 before installing v6.0.11?

2 minutes ago, alexplgr said:

Again,after installing Mjcq400 i have the same issue like with pmdg,here i sent ini file

But you have no general axis assignments - you only have axis assignments in your PMDG profile. So only PMDG has any axes assigned.

When you created the new profile for your Mjcq400, you could have done this based upon your PMDG profile which would have imported your assignments from that profile.

However, it is always better to initially create your axes assignments in the general section (i.e. no profile). Then, when you create a new profile for an aircraft (or series of aircraft), you can import them from the general assignments and then adjust as needed for that profile.

16 hours ago, John Dowson said:

But you have no general axis assignments - you only have axis assignments in your PMDG profile. So only PMDG has any axes assigned.

When you created the new profile for your Mjcq400, you could have done this based upon your PMDG profile which would have imported your assignments from that profile.

However, it is always better to initially create your axes assignments in the general section (i.e. no profile). Then, when you create a new profile for an aircraft (or series of aircraft), you can import them from the general assignments and then adjust as needed for that profile.

Something changed in the new version 6.0.11 I think if it sees a button pressed when I opened FSUIPC to assign the current airplane with a saved existing profile. It removes all the axis I saved. Occurred in V4 and V5 FSUIPC versions on my system.

6 hours ago, B77X said:

Something changed in the new version 6.0.11 I think if it sees a button pressed when I opened FSUIPC to assign the current airplane with a saved existing profile. It removes all the axis I saved. Occurred in V4 and V5 FSUIPC versions on my system.

I'll take a look, but if you could provide instructions to reproduce that would be helpful. There was a correction in this area from 6.0.10 to 6.0.11 to prevent axis being lost in certain circumstances, so maybe this has had an adverse effect in others.

13 hours ago, John Dowson said:

I've tried various things to try and reproduce this and can't, so could you please let me know how to reproduce. There seems to be no difference if a button is pressed or not when opening the FSUIPC UI.

it happened when I was in a new plane to assign an existing profile to it. I opened FSUIPC and one of the tabs iirc button assignment or axis assignment the screen showed an action for an existing button press and I checked the box for use existing profile and selected the profile I made. Then most of the axis would not work and looking at the ini file the axis were removed.

Ok, I'll take a look. But I see you have also started a new topic: 

Presume this is the same issue, no? Why are you posting multiple times for the same issue? Can I delete that post?

Later: I've closed/locked the other support request you have raised and will respond here once I've investigated.

8 hours ago, John Dowson said:

Ok, I'll take a look. But I see you have also started a new topic: 

Presume this is the same issue, no? Why are you posting multiple times for the same issue? Can I delete that post?

Later: I've closed/locked the other support request you have raised and will respond here once I've investigated.

I created a new topic I think I identified the issue but if best to use this topic sure sorry about that!

On 12/5/2020 at 3:12 AM, John Dowson said:

Could you clarify please?

When I create a new profile based upon an existing profile, the axes are also copied to the new profile as far as I can tell.

John

I did a clean ini profile and created an airplane controller profile B747 based on another profile name and the axis did not carry over. Another time I assigned a plane to an existing profile and the axis disappeared. I could not reproduce that every time it is odd.

On 12/6/2020 at 7:34 AM, John Dowson said:

Yes, sounds very strange. I'll keep this open but its difficult to investigate without being able to reproduce.
Were you connected to MSFS when these loss of axes occurred?

Happened in P3D v4.5 a few days ago and now when I just upgraded it happened again in P3D V5.1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/9/2020 at 7:38 AM, John Dowson said:

Sorry, of course you are using FSUIPC6 and not FSUIPC7. 

Happened again. New aircraft repaint. Load into P3D and up to FSUIPC in sim. Select a profile for this airplane and press OK now Axis section of this profile has no axis listed  it has only rangerepeat line

Hi guys, just chiming in to let you know that I have the exact same problem.

Using P3DV5.1HF1

FSUIPC 6.0.11

I can create a profile for an aircraft with buttons and axis. Everything works fine.

Now if I load another aircraft and wish to use the profile I just created, buttons are working but not axis.

Best regards.

Charles MOULIN