The simFlight Network Forums

Unable to assign ATC toggle button

iflygary

7 hours ago, iflygary said:

I was wondering if it is possible to assign a button to toggle the atc menu.

Checking through the list of keyboard shortcuts you can use, I see "Display ATC" is assigned to "scroll lock" by default. If that can't be assigned in FSUIPC (not sure if SimConnect supports it), you could change the key assignment in MSFS that assign your button in FSUIPC to that keypress.

Pete

53 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

If that can't be assigned in FSUIPC (not sure if SimConnect supports it)

Scroll lock is not supported yet by the SDK, so you will need to assign another key or key combination - from the SDK documentation:

Status of Input Events

• Not all function keys are sent (e.g, alt, ctrl, scroll-lock, shift), even if KH uses them (scroll-lock)

Scroll_Lock Fail Fail

John

7 hours ago, John Dowson said:

Scroll lock is not supported yet by the SDK, so you will need to assign another key or key combination - from the SDK documentation:

John

Thanks for that Information. Do you know if there are future plans for these keys to be updated or with the platform being different that it will not be possible for this?  I also have enjoyed from the past versions of FSX/P3D being able to assign Airport labels.  It was ever so convenient but I've noticed that feature is also not supported.

17 hours ago, iflygary said:

Thanks for that Information. Do you know if there are future plans for these keys to be updated or with the platform being different that it will not be possible for this?

The SDK is still at version 0.8.0.0 - hopefully these thigs will be fixed as MSFS (and the SDK) matures.

17 hours ago, iflygary said:

I also have enjoyed from the past versions of FSX/P3D being able to assign Airport labels.  It was ever so convenient but I've noticed that feature is also not supported.

For this type of thing you should raise a new feature request with Asobo via zendesk, or check if one has already been raised and upvote that.

John

• 2 weeks later...